WHMCS adds "server balancing"

Nexxterra.com

Verified User
I think one of my favorite features offered in WHMCS is the new server balancing feature.
This is excellent as DA does not let you break up your servers into groups, like mail server, sql server etc.
This feature allows you to configure a number of variables that will place clients on your servers on a rotating basis or based on a package.
Just one more reason I would buy this product again.

You mean eg. that one client can have email in one server and sql on another?

No, not what was meant...

What it does is when running multiple servers, it will place customer a on server 1, customer b on server 2, etc. there are various configuration options for this feature. it will also allow you to place customer on a DA server, and customer B on a C Panel server, etc.
So it lets you balance the customers and the resources that are used.

Does it allow you to balance multiple servers running DirectAdmin, or must each use a different control panel? Your post doesn't make this clear.

Have you read the recent posts to this thread on the AWBS forum?

Jeff

It simply rotates which servers new clients are assigned to. Useful if you have dozens of clients signing up every day.

The only thing that I don't "like" about WHMCS is that Matt doesn't offer the possibility of running a DA server on a port that's different than 2222.

So if you have a DA server with a custom port you can't run WHMCS integrated with DA

The only thing that I don't "like" about WHMCS is that Matt doesn't offer the possibility of running a DA server on a port that's different than 2222.

So if you have a DA server with a custom port you can't run WHMCS integrated with DA

haha thats lame

True. And not just DA, all the other panels that allows us to change the port is at their mercy. This is very lame, and Matt and the others have ioncubed the module files rendering it useless, if someone wants to do some kind of a modification. Atleast keep the port option un-encoded guys. So we have a little freedom.

Depending on why you want to not use port 2222, a workaround might be to set up DirectAdmin to run on both port 2222 and another port.

Jeff

Back