Weird webhosting reviews .org

host1plus

Verified User
Hi guys,

I was just browsing around and found interesting things. Maybe you will be able to answer me this.
Most of web hosting companies have weird review blog which begings with [hosting_company_name] ends with [review.org].
I thought to myself maybe it is some king of agency which works to review webhosting companies and just adds affiliate links to their names...but unfortenetely it is not as I noticed that they have all the same templates, but hosted in the different locations (probably webhosting companies have hosted in their servers).
All links are non-affiliate (or it seems that it is not).
Secondly they have the same program which gives full uptime report for their servers (program execution file hostingcompanyname.php).
What you guys think what is it? Maybe we should do some kind of independent webhosting review to get weigth on our websites? My vote would be YES :)
Therefore maybe we should investigate and come to the conclusion is it a fake reviews automaticly posted every few days or it is one of methods to generate content also automaticly?
Well in my opinion it wouldn‘t be a bad idea it is actaully a great idea to reach bigger audience :)
Thank you and will be waiting for your reviews and votes!

If you think that we should do the same stuff or similar to that maybe you can contact me (if you are interested) on [email protected] and we would have a discussion regarding shared review sites. I have few ideas about it maybe and you would be interested…

I deleted my previous answer to this post and I've restarted; I was looking at the wrong domain (I forgot the last s).

You can do a whois on reviews.org to see who they are. The main page at www.reviews.org has only a simple link to complaints.com where you can (according to the site) post your consumer complaints.

I own something that may be similar; I own abandoned.us (no link provided because there's nothing to see at that domain) where I sell sub-domains to people who would rather buy example???ks.com (or similar) but can't because the domain has already been bought by the company about which they want to vent/complain.

But if you really want to create an independent review company don't you have to ask yourself how independent you (and we, if we're in it together) can truly be, since we're in the webhosting business.

There are already some great places for webhosting company reviews, including the well-known Webhosting Talk forums.

Jeff

Back