N00by question, license trouble

redeye

Verified User
Hi, I'm wanted to test DA. Installed it on a fedora machine at home. 1 external IP on the outside of my router, Nat is possible. Internal a 10.0.0.202 address on the webserver.
After installation everything works exept DA :s.

/var/log/directadmin/error.log shows:
2004:05:30-11:22:01: The ip of this machine does not match the ip in the license file : 10.0.0.202<br>

The license is for the external ip. Is there a possibility that this is going to work, because test on a live machine isn't my thing.

Last edited:
It's not going to work.

DirectAdmin does not work on a non-routable IP#.

Jeff

That's what I thought. Owk, what if i reconfigure my router as an bridge, that should work for testing. How can I change the ip of the da box, so that it is the same as the license, so not the ipaddress of my networkcard, that's no problem, but from the license file, where i entered 10.0.0.203.

Don't know if the admins would like it, but I've setup it up behind an router with nat.

It's only for testing and configuring. When I'm fine with all, i will purchase and setup an new server. For now I have to test it at home because my colocation is 300 km away, so this is my only way of save testing.

If you nat it to a routable IP#, and order the license for that IP# it'll work for internal testing, though certainly not for Internet access.

Nowhere is it written that a LAN must use nonroutable IP#s.

Jeff

Back