ColdFusion MX = Possible?

Would ColdFusion MX be of use to you/your clients?

• Yes

Votes: 5 100.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

True Magic

Verified User
I've search Google, and it doesn't seem like it's possible to compile Macromedia's ColdFusion MX for FreeBSD -- however, I have read instances where FreeBSD administrators have managed to get it to work by enabling Linux binary compatibility, and running the ColdFusion MX linux binary on the FreeBSD box.

I guess my first question is: Does DirectAdmin support ColdFusion MX for native platforms such as Linux? If so, can you work out some sort of mainstream "workaround" that will allow the linux binary to run on FreeBSD boxes seamlessly (maybe at a little compromise to performance)?

DA does not support Coldfusion, and it's pretty brutal to get it running on apache 1.x but i have done it quite a few times now.

again i have never used FreeBSD, so no clue, it would probably be a pretty big hack to get it working since it is not officially supported by Macromedia

I would be happy to try to help.

here is macromedias system requirements for UNIX

UNIX
SPARC, PA-RISC 1.1 or 2.0, or POWER/3 processor
256 MB RAM (512 MB recommended)
400 MB hard-disk space
Sun Solaris 7, 8, or 9
HP-UX 11i
IBM AIX 5L 4.3.3, 5.1, or 5.2
Apple Mac OS X 1

i've got coldfusion mx 7 installed in a rh9 box. it is currently running on its built-in webserver. How do i configure it to run on apache? Any ideas?

10q

Back