ensim --> DA tool

outpernet

Verified User
Im willing to hire someone (or to buy a script) that converts ensim users (with domains/emails/etc) to DA.

someone interested?

Last edited:
have you found anything since your original post ?

I run several Ensim servers and DA servers and usually code my own tools when needed.

I almost wrote a tool to help with the transfer of sites but worked out that the only sites that were a problem to transfer were those attached to Mysql databases, Mailling lists , some powertools. And the fact that ensim allows the use of the same 'username' for different sites.. DA doesnt.

I think it would be simple to write a simple tool to move 'simple' sites , but I don't think it is possible to write the perfect tool that would just do it all. Data bases are not named the same under DA and Ensim ... how do you work around it ? , what if 2 or more sites have the same username ? , DA doesnt allow mailing lists names with "-", subdomains dont include Email routing in DA they have to be setup as domains if used for that purpose.

Many of our sites are complex so it ended up being easier to move them manually one at the time.... and months later , i'm still transfering one or 2 everyday , it's a nightmare.

The story would be different if we were talking about 100s of simple sites , with different usernames, no mailing lists, no Mysql etc.. It would have been worth writting a little tool and get over and done with the lot in an hour.

How usefull would really be the tool if it has to ask 10 questions, changes username, dbnames, and maybe even some passwords ?

I think there is much work involved in writting a script that actually works in all cases .. maybe that's why I haven't found any .. or didnt I look hard enough :)

One thing i'm sure of ... Changing from Ensim to DA is a nightmare, but it is the best thing we've ever done.

Miky

Last edited:
i didnt find anyone. I think DA staff has to do this tools, maybe charge it apart, but if they intend to win a portion of the market from ensim well.. is to much work to manually move domains so we prefer to maintain our actual ensim servers at least this tools exist.

Back