FreeBSD 7.2 64bit DirectAdmin won't start

jschurawlow

Verified User
I ran the setup.sh and had custombuild set to do it's thing. PHP failed to install due to the lib64 issue however everything else seemed to have gone in at least apache started up and so on. However for some odd reason DA will not start, even though if I go into scripts and sh DirectAdmin manually it should start it shows started ok and then ps aux doesn't see it anywhere nor is 2222 bound and so forth. :confused:

Anyone have insight behind what exactly is going on with FreeBSD 64bit and this? I ran DA years ago and it always worked fine for me on initial installs.

well after double checking my error logs I've figured out why it won't work. DA is not trying to use the licensed IP to connect to the DA site. Even after I told it which specific IP to use and which interface.....

I know there is a way to specify which IP it's to bind to in the config but for the life of me I can not remember what it is. Anyone know what configuration change I have to make??

Also on a side note the following occurs _every_ time I try to rebuild php - it hasn't successfully installed once yet since I have been attempting to setup DA ALL day. I am seriously going to be losing hair over this soon....

Thank you for using PHP.

/usr/local/directadmin/custombuild/configure/ap2/configure.php5: --with-iconv-dir=/usr/local/lib: not found

*** There was an error while trying to configure php. Check the configure/ap2/configure.php5 file

From what I can remember in the past DA used to work seemlessly out of box with only very minor changes being needed... what happened guys??

Try:
Code:
cd /usr/local/directadmin/custombuild
./build update
./build php n

Back