Squirrelmail plugins and configuration lost during update

sdible

Verified User
I'm really loving using CustomBuild in order to keep everything current on my server. After a few growing pains, everything is working fine.

I would really love to be able to do an ./build update_versions occasionally, but I run in to issues with Squirrelmail. I have a couple of plugins installed for one of my users, and a custom config file so that the can log in with just their username.

Every time I use CustomBuild to update, I loose that custom configuration and have to relearn how to set it all up.

Is there anyway to keep those plugins and conifg?

Right now, I'm manually updating everything that has updates except for Squirrelmail. It is much more time consuming than just doing an update_versions.

Thanks

Hi sdible,

One way to prevent this is to move your config files to another location. At least for the user prefs, this is what I do to prevent stuff from being replaced when squirrelmail is updated. You'll need to modify the new conf.php.

During an update, the symbolic link is changed from pointing to the old version, to pointing to the new version. You could therefore also manually move stuff from the old folder to the new one.

Hope this points you in a direction that solves your problem!

Back