Bug in version update check!

Richard G

Verified User
There seems to be a bug in the version check update with Custombuild 1.1.

I got an email from my DA on the server that a new version of Squirrelmail was available.
Custombuild 1.1
Clean = yes
Clean old webapps = yes

So I did the ./build update and ./build update_versions and this happened:

cp: `/var/www/html/squirrelmail/data' and `/var/www/html/squirrelmail-1.4.20-RC2/data' are the same file
SquirrelMail 1.4.20-RC2 installation is done.

Probably because I tried it again, because after this update when I do a "./build versions" command, this is the result:
Latest version of SquirrelMail: 1.4.20-RC2
Installed version of SquirrelMail: 1.4.20

So the DA system thinks version 1.4.20 is still installed. And every night I get the same email again, notifying me about the fact that a new version of Squirrelmail is available.

However, the RC2 version IS installed, because if I start my webmail interface it says this:
SquirrelMail version 1.4.20-RC2
By the SquirrelMail Project Team

IMHO this must be a bug, because this is happening on all 3 of our servers, 2 Centos and 1 Debian. This did not happen before.

How can I fix this without disabling the notify option?

Hello,

Thanks for the report. I've changed this small bit of code
Code:
cut -d- -f2
to now show
Code:
cut -d- -f2,3
which should take care of it. If the 3rd field doesn't exist, it should show the normal version correctly.

John

No, it's fixed now. Your next custombuild nightly check will grab the new build script which contains the fix.

John

The check only grabs the file and does the update if that's what you've got in your custombuild configuration. I don't think that's the default; you might want to check.

Jeff

No problem there, it's not the default indeed, but I changed it to automatic some time ago already. I don't get any "new version available" for the RC2 of squirrel anymore so things seem to be fixed. Thanks!

Back