assigning IP could only be done for a USER under a RESELLER?

onea

Verified User
Background:
This dedicated is solely for my own use which I hope could simply have 1 admin login and all domains created under it for the convenience of having just 1 ftp login and manage all domains folder there.

---------------------
in fact, just 1 simple question here only.

Is there anyway to assign IP to individual domains without going to ADMIN->RESELLER and create individual USER here for each IP assignment?

I need the simplicity of ADMIN->USER then add domain here, so that I could manage all domains folder under one single FTP user only; while I need to assign individual IP for each domain under the same FTP

Below are just the trouble to explain what I ask above.
---------------------
For each domain which I need to assign a solely owned IP, I must create an individual user under a RESELLER for this individual domain. RIGHT? ADMIN -> RESELLER -> USER

i.e. I could NOT go straight to ADMIN -> USER then create a new domain, and assign an IP to it. RIGHT?

---------------------
This cause another problem:

This separate RESELLER -> USER would mean I might not enter all domain folders (on the same server) with a single FTP login. right?

So this means, If I want a sole-owned IP for a particular domain. I would lose the convenience of managing all domain folders on the same server under one single FTP. RIGHT?

q. Is this a technical structural truth no matter what brand of control panel being used? or just a limitation of Direct Admin?

The reason I asked this, because I have a content management system (GLOBALMOXIE) which have FREE license to manage all domains under the same FTP login. Anyway to resolve this? while I need different IP for individual domain.

------------------------------
Then another problem again.

When I created a RESELLER -> USER and hence assigned an IP to a domain to this user. I see that there's no place to add another domain to the same user. Is this ture? or I have overlooked the place to add domain for the same user?

But why the following appear in the table, this makes me feel that a user could have multiple domains:

Setting / Current Usage / Maximum Usage
# of Domains / 1 / unlimited

--------------------------
THANKS again for your kind assistance in advance.

Last edited:
I can't test right now but I believe you can:

1) Create one reseller.
2) Create all domain accounts under that reseller.
3) assign all IP#s to that reseller.
4) create each account with it's own IP#.

You would need a separate FTP user for each domain.

Jeff

onea, you are right. You need to create a user for each IP. This is really inconvenient, but it's the only way right now until DA 2.
I really love the way H-sphere lets us manage all domains with a single user account. Let's hope DA 2 comes out soon.

Back