extract mysql from backups?

neorder

Verified User
i'm moving users from one server to another server, and the first server was destoryed already, all i have is the previouis backup, if not i think i still can backup the individual mysql db.

the problem is i can't seem to be able to restore one of the website, it's quite big, a few hundred MB. okay, since i cant' restore it,

how can i extract his mysql database from the backup? is there a way to do this?

Hello,

This may work:

tar xzf theuser.tar.gz
ls -al backup | grep sql

That will tell you the mysql dbs that are in theuser's backup tarball. You can now do as you wish with them. :)

Phi1.

i couldn't find any mysql db in the after i tar the backup file, i still use directadmin's restore function, when i try to restore mysql alone. (other data was restored earlier)

i recieved this:

Unable to restore database rpgmagaz_bbs.sql to rpgmagaz_bbs : ERROR 1045: Access denied for user: 'root@localhost' (Using password: YES) sh: line 2: --user=rpgmagaz: command not found
Unable to restore database rpgmagaz_downs.sql to rpgmagaz_downs : ERROR 1045: Access denied for user: 'root@localhost' (Using password: YES) sh: line 2: --user=rpgmagaz: command not found

what's wong? i've check data, dir's permission are correct, is there anything else i can do?

Last edited:
Back