Cant Get a Right status on a yahoo script

TheKiller

Verified User
Hello Everyone
This is my first post here..
i am a customer of a Host that offers the Direct Admin Control Panel
and to be honest i really like the CP the only reason i havent changed the host is because of the CP : ))

i am trying to create a Site that Shows the Status of an Yahoo User
i found a software and i set it up at this Link
http://rising-dead.com/invisiblescanner/

But For some reason it dosent work :(
it says that the server is busy or something
not the status of the ID U enter in

i suspect its because a server setting probably an Apache issue
my host dosent offer Support and idk who to ask

if the topic is in the wrong place please move it and excuse me :)

I don't see how anyone could be expected to troubleshoot a site for you. We don't know what the site is supposed to be checking and we don't have access to the code.

Even if we did, it's unlikely one of us would troubleshoot this for you as it really has nothing to do with DirectAdmin.

The only thing I can think of offhand, not knowing anything about what you're doing, would be that some firewall somewhere may be in the way of what you're trying to do.

If you wrote the software you should know what the error message means. If you didn't write it, then you should ask whomever did write it what the error means.

Jeff

I Haven't asked for script support like html php or etc
obliviously it checks the yahoo.com site
the code is distributed for free on a site.. i can search it and post it if someone would want to support me

it has nothing to do with Direct Admin (just that its hosted using DA)
it must have something to do with a .htaccess Configuration

Like adding "AddHandler server-parsed .html" to activate SSI Without to create a .shtml Extension

i havent wroted the software and idk what it means and idk who created it
i have tried two different software's that do that and one dosent display the message at all

its a wrong server configuration witch idk how to fix

Can anyone help me please

Since it's not a DirectAdmin issue, but rather (likely) an .htaccess issue, you might be able to find better help on a site for the language in which the software is written.

Most of us are better at system administration then at site administration.

If you want to see if someone here can work for you to fix the problem, then you might want to try a post in our Help Wanted forum.

Jeff

um this Forum is Called Apache
a .htaccess file is related to apache so it should be the right place :|
can a moderator move the Help Wanted thread ?

Thanks For your reply btw :)

I've moved the thread to our Employment Opportunities sub-forum. While the subforum in which you posted is the Apache subforum, it's part of the DirectAdmin Forums. Since DirectAdmin is a control panel for webhosting, it seems reasonable to me (perhaps not to you) that it's for administration of apache servers, and not for end-user issues with .htaccess.

Hopefully you'll find someone with experience with .htaccess who will be able to help you.

Jeff

If all you are trying to do is activate server side includes, an .htaccess file similar to this should do the trick
Code:
AddType text/html  .shtml .html .htm
AddHandler server-parsed .shtml .html .htm
Options Includes

You may want to play with the Options, to get it to do all that you want, but that should be the minimum needed to get server side includes to work.

If all you are trying to do is activate server side includes, an .htaccess file similar to this should do the trick
Code:
AddType text/html  .shtml .html .htm
AddHandler server-parsed .shtml .html .htm
Options Includes

You may want to play with the Options, to get it to do all that you want, but that should be the minimum needed to get server side includes to work.

lol no toml i dont want to do that...i know how to enable SSI...
i have a yahoo invisible checker and it wont work on my server for some reason
i may need to activate something in a .htaccess file .. idk

It appears as though there are quite a few Yahoo invisible checkers out there, so without know which one you are trying to use, and what it requires, it is hard to give you any help.

is it ok if i PM You with a link to it ?
and tell me what do i need to activate on my server etc

I was able to get one of the scripts to work, the first link you PM'd me with. The other one, should have worked with very little tweaking, since it is all done via ajax, and not much was being on the server.

The one I was able to get working, was the first one and the only thing I can think of is that you might not have allow_url_fopen set for your php (php_value allow_url_fopen 1 in .htaccess). I assume you have access to the webserver error logs, that should give you a hint if that is what was going wrong.

i tryed to run The first one on my windows server using wamp and i have
allow_url_fopen activated but when i try to visit the folder with the content its telling me this

Code:
Content Encoding Error

The page you are trying to view cannot be shown because it uses an invalid or unsupported form of compression.
*Please contact the website owners to inform them of this problem.
i also tryed it on my Linux Paid Host and i can run it without that error
but it wont do anything it will just load a few minutes and then come and answer with this => 
that code is b4 the <?php tag into the check.php file for what i know the <?php tag should be the first on the line
it also has this werird link to the line 70 of the check.php file :confused:
http://btl.vn/tools/check/m/index.php?seed=

the second link dos not respond at all it just shows the loading image...
on the Linux server it responds fast but it is saying
USER_ID is Error/Busy!
I Would like to be able to run the second one if you know how may i enable it

Thank You And sorry for my bad english xD

Back