DNS Problem with NAMED payment via paypal...

cvgeeks

I have 3 servers. webhost01.cvgeeks.com, webhost03.cvgeeks.com, and webhost04.cvgeeks.com.

I'm using ispconfig for my control panel.
my name is registered at godaddy.com
all my hosted sites come up fine. no problem here.
When I do an nslookup webhost01.cvgeeks.com the name cannot be resolved.
but all my sites come up fine.

In ispconfig I have setup the dns with an A record for:
173.12.219.162 webhost01
but I resolve it.

any help would be appreciated.

Hey,

You will have better help with answers if you try using the ISPConfig forum.

This forum is for the DirectAdmin Control Panel.

David

I see and understand thanks anyway.

have a nice day.

Hey,

You will have better help with answers if you try using the ISPConfig forum.

This forum is for the DirectAdmin Control Panel.

David

We figured it out.

Strangest thing ever but it happend to me. Here is what we figured out.

cvgeeks.com at one time was hosted by a different company and that server was never fully cleaned of its host files so even though the name cvgeeks.com was resolving to my ip any hostname was resolving to the other dns server and I mean any hostname. example- website.cvgeeks.com or mysite.cvgeeks.com, all would resovle to the other dns server.

We checked out the server and found the technical contact for it and have since contact this person to let them know the problem were having and if they could clean up their dns records.

So this was not an ispconfig problem this could have happend to anyone of us and I would have happily paid someone anyone to help me solve this issue.

Bottom line: I belive today we have all become so hooked on names and stereotypes that it has pushed us all away from each other. "I use this" (or) "I use that". Who really cares what you use! If you were shot with a .22 or .50 cal it doesnt matter I'm still going to help you.

A dns problem is a dns problem no matter which cp your using. Dont be so rushed as to push people away before really contemplating the matter.
I always say money is green and it does not discriminate so why should you!

PEACE!

@cvgeeks:

You make some good points. However many of us have formed a community here to help each other, and often we limit that help to members of the community.

Note also that your thread subject puts PayPal into the picture, that's a red herring and may have thrown me off as well.

I'm not sure if I would have responded or not; it would have depended, I suppose, on just how busy I was, but since I was very busy I didn't even see your post until the replies above had already been made.

If you own the rights to cvgeeks.com you should have full control over ns1.cvgeeks.com, ns2.cvgeeks.com, etc., and should be able to change the IP#s, delete the records, etc. I'd suggest contacting the registrar where your domain is hosted. In your case, that's GoDaddy. I don't know anything about their email support, I've never used it, but I find their telephone support folk extremely knowledgeable; a quick call to them should get help in getting your hosts records (nameserver records) issues straightened out quickly.

Jeff

If you had asked your question in a general web hosting forum then you would have gotten a better response.

You would not take your Ford car to a Nissan service center for repair. You would take it to a Ford service center or a general car repair center.

Back