FTP & mySQL

bonnmac

Verified User
Well you guys solved the nameserver issue and the quota's issue rather quickly I might add, so I've got another stumper for you.

I've created a user named bonnmac with the domain of purfectpets.com but I can't ftp into server. I'm getting connection refused. (oh yea and it didn't email me like it did the first time I created a user. telling me settings etc.)

I can't ftp in with admin user either same error (using password that I was given for DA)

Also it won't let me login to phpmyadmin. Using same passwords. Is there a default password I need to change somewhere or something?

Thanks again.

Last edited:
Hello bonnmac,

The problem with proftpd was a hostname issue. On a reboot, the hostname isn't staying where we put it because it was not being set in the /etc/sysconfig/network file. This is our installers fault and will be fixed asap. We have fixed it for your server.

Also, with mysql and phpMyAdmin, a database is required to be created before you can log in. You should use the database username/password you used when creating the database.

John

Just a note for anyone having ftp issues:

Make sure your hostname is in the /etc/hosts file as your server ip and *not* 127.0.0.1
Make sure the IP of the hostname (server IP) is not in the /etc/proftpd.vhosts.conf as a virtualhost.

And restart proftpd:
Code:
service proftpd restart

John

Back