gdjun

Verified User
Based on the Skins Tutorial from:
http://www.directadmin.com/skins.html

Just basic. Only changed the images for icons,
navigation and sections. Screenshot and file
attached. Have fun...

Released under Creative Commons Share Alike license

update: 2013-12-03 versionDA1441 (for DirectAdmin version 1.44.1)
(ps. i can't upload the tar.gz skin. it's 260kb, forum upload limit 80kb).
DirectAdmin 1.44.1 has some new sections, but the styles are (mostly) the same.
- to install this for new DA 1.44.1,

1. download/duplicate the "enhanced" directory from /usr/local/DA/data/skins
2. drop the images from macEnhanced into the images dir
3. also merge/replace the styles.css with the one from macEnhanced
4. select/tar-upload and presto

update: 2011-04-08 version2b (for DirectAdmin version 1.38)

Attachments

• MacEnhanced.jpg
    MacEnhanced.jpg
    54.1 KB · Views: 3,349
  • macenhanced2b.zip
    226.9 KB · Views: 246
Last edited:
Nice skin. Do you intend to keep it updated, or are you releasing it under the Creative Commons Share Alike license hoping others will keep it updated?

Jeff

The CC-SA license is to encourage others to mash-up, edit and customize it further and to release their work too under the same license.

Since it mainly only alters the images and css (for now) i don't see an urgent need to keep it updated. If a new "enhanced" skin is released with new sections or other images that need alternatives, just let me know.

I've never used any other skins but those from DirectAdmin, so I don't know the details but I do know that skin changes are noted in many versions updates.

See this Google search for DirectAdmin changes which in the past have required skin updates.

Jeff

I've never used any other skins but those from DirectAdmin, so I don't know the details but I do know that skin changes are noted in many versions updates.

See this Google search for DirectAdmin changes which in the past have required skin updates.

Jeff
Skins changes were highlighted adding (SKINS) at the end of the update title. That was a LONG time ago, they don't do that any more.

Very nice skin - it is now our default one :)
I have always liked the Enhanced skin, but this one is even better - changing a few graphics etc. can make skins look so much more professional/modern, and this is definitely the case here.

For anyone that has never installed a new skin before, click here to see how to do it.

Could you please provide also blank buttons (and the font you used for this) so we can translate this to other languages?

I want to translate this to dutch, but for that I need to edit the images too.
I found already the blank header.

Sorry to react so late. Will post the files in this forum-thread next week. currently busy chopping a website.

Sorry to react so late. Will post the files in this forum-thread next week. currently busy chopping a website.
No problem, I've photshopp'ed them and added new text to it. Got it now in NL and EN :)

If someone want it, I'll upload it here.

Nice skin!

Daveyw, yes please, it would be great if you can upload the NL version! :)

I'm trying to install this skin, but i get this error:

Error Installing Skin

Details

The skin package did not install properly. Either there were files missing, or their permissions were incorrectly set

I'm trying to install this skin, but i get this error:

Error Installing Skin

Details

The skin package did not install properly. Either there were files missing, or their permissions were incorrectly set
You need to convert the current .rar file to .tar.gz extention ;)

That will work :D

And...

The skin files, may not be in a map....

Last edited:
UPDATE: i grabbed a fresh copy from the skin tutorial. Version2 of MacEnhanced is attached to the original post.

Davey, can you also check the language files for changes.

ps. to the creators of DirectAdmin, if you change the skin, maybe you could also update the included CHANGELOG. The last entry in there dates from Sep 18th, 2006 :eek:

update: the version on the skin tutorial page is not the latest. Original post updated with version2b. This is for DA version 1.38

Last edited:
I just registered a user here just to say Thank you for this amazing skin :D Hope you could release more amazing skin like this <3

Hello

When i try to install this style, i unzip the .rar file but there only are one file in this ?

what do i wrong ?

Best regards
Jesper Have

It looks like it was zipped two times. If I unzip the file then double click the single file it shows all the individual ones.

Currently with some projects, not very soonish.
When time permits, i'll update our control panel to 1.4, fetch the default enhanced skin and merge the css files (hint) ;-)

Back