Suggestion using conditional skips for things like the antivirus and the antispam

interfasys

Verified User
ANTIVIRUS = yes
ANTISPAM = yes
HELO = yes
etc.

.ifdef ANTIVIRUS
Clamav stuff
.endif

.ifdef ANTISPAM
Dspam stuff
.endif

For using conditional skips where? In custombuild?

Problems, of course, if you expect it to change customized exim.conf file.

Jeff

No, directly in Exim.
That way you can turn some features off by default and let admins turn them on by setting the macro to yes.

Now I understand. You mean in the exim.conf file.

Unfortunately there's more than just a section to use or not use, especially for ClamAV.

And lots of lines to be edited for your unblocking webpage.

Once you're going through the file to checking all the other stuff that has to be changed, why worry about a few relatively simply changes?

However I've already (a while back) discussed with DirectAdmin staff how to automate the next version of exim.conf if they decide to use it in Directadmin.

So let's get it out there first, and then move forward from there.

Jeff

Once you're going through the file to checking all the other stuff that has to be changed, why worry about a few relatively simply changes?
I agree for ClamAV, but for other things like spamassassin/dspam, surbl, helo, etc., it usually involves just one section and makes it easier for people to include specific functionalities.

It was just a thought ;). Let's talk about it when you're working on the next version :)

C'mon now... I've just spent four years working on this version. Give me a few weeks before we talk about the next version ;)

Of course you'll have to post in the subforum for the next version first :).

Jeff

Write the code for exim.conf.

Test it, and make sure it works.

Submit it to me for inclusion.

:)

Jeff

Back