Suggestion for ClamAV

SeLLeRoNe

Super Moderator
Hi jal,

hope you read this message.

Im going to use the spamblocker and i was going to able ClamAV (that ofc is already on use on my servers) and i found this line:

# av_scanner = clamd:/var/run/clamav/clamd

ive read you followed a guide for antivir, but, for example ive used update.script for install it and i dont use socket but port connection, so, my suggest is, add this line aswell

# av_scanner = clamd:127.0.0.1 3310

so, who use socket uncomment the first, who use port uncomment the second

Regards

We've done it that way in previous betas. We switched because in our work for clients we find that there are many more possibilities than just two, depending on the installation. So if DirectAdmin at some point includes ClamAV with a specific setup, they can always edit their version.

But for our version, since I can't include all (I don't even know how many choices there might be, just how many I've come across), I feel better choosing just one and giving the instructions for changing it to whatever you require.

Are my instructions not clear enough?

Jeff

they are, i thot there was just two way to connect to the antivirus :)

ive got another question btw, i saw that whitelist and blacklist file have to be present, but, is just necessary touch those files ore have to be done in a specific way?

there is no a script or a step-to-step guide to install it?

thanks for your support

they are, i thot there was just two way to connect to the antivirus :)
Two ways but multiples of ports, IP#s, and directory structures.
ive got another question btw, i saw that whitelist and blacklist file have to be present, but, is just necessary touch those files ore have to be done in a specific way?
Touch should work. check to make sure the default permissions and ownerships are the same as /etc/virtual/domains.
there is no a script or a step-to-step guide to install it?
Only the instructions in the ReadMe files.
thanks for your support
You're very welcome.

Jeff

Back