Error in log

SeLLeRoNe

Super Moderator
Hi,

ive sent an email to jal but prolly he didnt get it so i ask here.

Ive installed the conf with SB3 and i think to had configured well but.. when i restart exim on logs i have many line like this:

Code:
2010-05-03 13:02:09 unknown named host list "+relay_hosts"

Anyone know what should i made wrong?

Thanks

Third time someone hasn't read the instructions this week :).

Look for these two lines and the comments directly above:
Code:
# hostlist relay_hosts = net-lsearch;/etc/virtual/pophosts : 127.0.0.1
# hostlist relay_hosts = net-lsearch;/etc/virtual/pophosts
You must uncomment one of these lines and restart exim.

Jeff

hehe ops.. ive read instruction but wasnt sure about what to do with that so i didnt commented out anyone of those heheeh

thanks

Obviously I need to make one of these the default. But there are lots of EDIT locations; most of them don't break exim. I'm not sure what I should do.

Which one should be the default?

Jeff

if you can explain me a little deeper the difference i should give u a way and a reason.. didnt get it totally yet.. i choosed the one without 127.0.0.1 btw

If you don't include 127.0.0.1 you can't send connect using the smtp protocol from local programs.

Some programs may default to it; I don't know.

Jeff

oh ok so website like joomla and phpnuke or other cms/website that use smtp protocol instead of sendmail (better use auth smtp i think) will nto work? ok.. so... i think is better with 127.0.0.1 ^^

I like to use 127.0.0.1 as well, but some people consider it a security risk.

It's not been a security risk for me.

Jeff

I believe using 127.0.0.1 should be default. Ones who are concerned about security already know what they are doing and can make the decision to disable it.

As you may realize, I don't try guesswork. If you don't give full domain names and IP#s I'll either ignore the post, or tell you to fix it, depending on how I feel that day :).

However, I've made an exception this time, looked up the IP#, and responded to your post.

Whether or not I'm correct about whom the mailserver belongs to, the rest of my reply is still valid.

Jeff

sender domain interenergy.it - 194.177.98.234
receiver domain greenpeace.org

here the error

Code:
-----Messaggio originale-----
Da: Mail Delivery System [mailto:[email protected]] 
Inviato: lunedì 3 maggio 2010 22.46
A: [email protected]
Oggetto: Mail delivery failed: returning message to sender

This message was created automatically by mail delivery software.

A message that you sent could not be delivered to one or more of its
recipients. This is a permanent error. The following address(es) failed:

[email protected]
    SMTP error from remote mail server after RCPT
TO:<[email protected]>:
    host fw.greenpeace.org [194.0.197.130]: 554 5.7.1 Rejected

Sorry, thot the error code was enough

Thanks

And if you've read my reply to your other post you should note that I've already explained that the error, 554 5.7.1 can refer to lots of different reasons; you'll have to contact the postmaster at greenpeace.

The best way to do this will probably by by using a third-party email address (gmail?) to write to postmaster+at+greenpeace.org, and give them the information and ask them why they're blocking you.

You're in the five-ten blocklist, and it's possible that greenpeace is using it.

Look here for mor information.

Jeff

Back