no-ip.org instead of ip address

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ichika

Hi,

I just bought a domain name and I would like to associate it with my computer at home. Since it's a dynamic ip address, I have to use things like no-ip.org.

I tried to set my domain name to xxx.no-ip.org but that's not possible because system only accepts an ip address.

Can someone help me with that ? :)

Thank you

You'll probably want to use something like this:

http://www.dyndns.com/services/dns/custom/

Hi,
correct me if I'm wrong but I think no-ip.org and dyndns.com are the same thing. :)

I installed a software on my server at home which can allow someone to access it by xxx.no-ip.org

Everything works fine with no-ip.org, I have no problem to connect the server with ssh by using the url no-ip... it's just the direct admin panel I have a problem with.

Anyway, thank you.

You'll have to give us more specific information. What exact URL are you trying that doesn't work?

Jeff

You'll have to give us more specific information. What exact URL are you trying that doesn't work?

Jeff
Hi,

I've an old computer at home which I installed as a server. I have a belgian internet connection (Skynet) which changes public ip address every 36 hours. So, to be able to access my computer from another place, I have to know the public address. I could go to website like www.whatismyip.com but If I have to do that every 36 hours, it's gonna be boring.

So I use a no-ip system. It's a software you installed on the computer who send the public ip address to a website (no-ip.org) to allow access to my computer through an "ip address" like http://xxx.no-ip.org. xxx is a word I chose.

Now, I would like my domain name (.com) to be linked to this address xxx.no-ip.org to allow people to access my server with url like www.domain.com instead of xxx.no-ip.org.

In the direct admin panel, I have to set my domain name to an ip address, unfortunately I can only set this type : xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx which I can't because my ip address changes every 36 hours. So, I would like to know how to set my domain name (.com) to redirect to my accuont at no-ip.org.

I hope it's clear now.

Thank you

If your ip changes that often then you are not going to be able to use DirectAdmin at all because the DA license is associated with the ip address. If the ip changes then the license is no longer valid.

You will also have to get the server to detect when the ip changes and update all the configuration files when that happens.

If your ip changes that often then you are not going to be able to use DirectAdmin at all because the DA license is associated with the ip address. If the ip changes then the license is no longer valid.

You will also have to get the server to detect when the ip changes and update all the configuration files when that happens.

Okay thank you. I think I have to find another domain name which doesn't use DirectAdmin in that case. :/

Okay thank you. I think I have to find another domain name which doesn't use DirectAdmin in that case. :/

One doesn't have anything to do with the other. You have TWO separate issues. One is DirectAdmin which is simply the control panel. The other is configuring apache to listen on the new ip when it changes. Changing domains or servers will not change this fact.

One doesn't have anything to do with the other. You have TWO separate issues. One is DirectAdmin which is simply the control panel. The other is configuring apache to listen on the new ip when it changes. Changing domains or servers will not change this fact.
Okay thanks, good to know.

Anyway, I'll stay with my no-ip.org configuration and try to remove my domain name because I can't use it.

This thread has nothing to do with DirectAdmin and has been moved and closed.

Jeff

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back