PDA

View Full Version : random bugs

nuclear
05-18-2010, 10:08 PM
Just installed DA on a fresh version of FreeBSD8. Noticed a few random bugs along the way...

1) I removed subdomains from 2 domains and had the DNS zones for those domains completely disappear and could not rebuild them. Was forced to restore backups.

2) When restoring backups (Made on a FreeBSD 7 server) ftp accounts did not restore.

3) Install failed because of an error in proftpd.sh

I was forced to change the following and run install.sh manually.

if [ "$B64" -gt 0 ]; then
if [ "$OS_VER" = "8.0" ] || [ "$OS_VER" = "8.1" ]
/usr/sbin/pkg_add -f da_proftpd-1.3.3.tgz
else
/usr/sbin/pkg_add -f da_proftpd-1.3.2.tgz

to

if [ "$B64" -gt 0 ]; then
if [ "$OS_VER" = "8.0" ] || [ "$OS_VER" = "8.1" ]; then
/usr/sbin/pkg_add -f da_proftpd-1.3.3.tgz
else
/usr/sbin/pkg_add -f da_proftpd-1.3.2.tgz

DirectAdmin Support
05-19-2010, 11:04 AM
Hello,

1) I tried to duplicate this issue but couldn't. The subdomain deletion worked as expected on our test system.
Perhaps grab the pre-release binaries to get the latest version of DA:
https://www.directadmin.com/clients

click the license and follow the pre-release instructions.
If it persists, check the /var/log/directadmin/error.log

2) Did you get any error message in DA? If you got no response at all (DA didn't seemed to do anything) then ensure the task.queue is running:
http://help.directadmin.com/item.php?id=107

3) This has been fixed.. any new download of FreeBSD 8 64-bit update.tar.gz should have the fixed script.

John

nuclear
05-19-2010, 11:11 AM
1) This seems random. I can't duplicate it willingly and there have been nothing in the logs to hint at an error.

2) No errors; ftp.passwd files are just blank despite them not being blank in the backup.

DirectAdmin Support
05-19-2010, 11:33 AM
1) I'll keep my eyes open for this.

2) Check to ensure that the User account has been allocated more than 0 ftp accounts. Check the user.conf for this setting for the User.

Also, only if it's an "owned" IP would the accounts end up in:
/usr/local/directadmin/data/users/username/ftp.passwd

Shared IP accounts go into /etc/proftpd.passwd

Related:
http://help.directadmin.com/item.php?id=122

John

nobaloney
05-19-2010, 11:57 AM
Also: make sure the server has plenty of free disk space in all writable slices.

Jeff

nuclear
05-26-2010, 09:42 AM
I finally isolated the problem with my DNS zones being wiped out. I have a zone that is modified remotely using nsupdate. Having DA make any changes to that zone results in a file that only contains an SOA record.

The only differences in the zone files I see are the use of $ORIGIN while DA doesn't use this.

nobaloney
05-26-2010, 11:24 AM
I'm not sure what you mean. Is the DNS zone managed elsewhere? If so, then you shouldn't be managing it through DirectAdmin.

Jeff

nuclear
05-26-2010, 11:43 AM
I'm not sure what you mean. Is the DNS zone managed elsewhere? If so, then you shouldn't be managing it through DirectAdmin.

Jeff

Not entirely. I use nsupdate to keep an A record updated for that particular zone; which ultimately formats the zone file differently. Doing anything to modify the zone (adding/deleting subdomains as an example) through DA causes the zone to be blank except the SOA record.

Ultimately it's no big deal as I can put my modifications in a subdomain zone file not managed by DA, but I thought I'd mention the cause for the problem anyway.

EvangelinaMac
03-26-2011, 02:10 AM
Hi

Thanks for the Insulation manual code, It is really helpful.
I spend a lot of time trying to solve it by my self but didn't succeeded.
Now Its working just fine. :)