Using custombuild for recompiling PHP

nostromo

Verified User
Hello all,

Hoping someone would be kind enough to help me with this.

I've never used the custombuild script before so am a little concerned about how it works.

At the moment we have php as cli. I am told that I need either fastcgi or DSO in order to get eAccelerator to work.

I have 3 questions:

1) I followed the custombuild documention

cd /usr/local/directadmin
mv custombuild custombuild.old
wget http://files.directadmin.com/services/custombuild/1.1/custombuild.tar.gz
tar xvzf custombuild.tar.gz
cd custombuild
./build update_data

I used "./build update_data" and then stopped - Am I right in assuming this has not updated anything but has simply downloaded the updated components/scripts/software?

2) As our server is secured by a remote admin team, I am conscious about changing any of their configurations. Within options.conf, do I simply edit all the options that say "yes" to "no" if I don't want the existing set up of the server touched?

2) If I just want php recompiled to say php-cgi do I simply edit "php5_cli" to "no" and set php5_cgi to "yes" and then build?

#PHP settings. default_php possible values - 4 or 5, php5_ver - 5.2 or 5.3
default_php=5
php5_ver=5.2
php4_cli=no
php4_cgi=no
php5_cli=yes
php5_cgi=no
zend=no

Apologies for the basic questions but I wanted to be sure before I ran this as I don't want to break anything :)

Thanks

i recommend you to update just what u need to.

for install php as cgi as you wrote you have to put php-cli to yes and php-cgi to yes then, save and exit and do ./build php n

that will recompile just php as specified in options.conf

for check what program have new version you can run ./build versions

and the system will prompt you with different color the program that got avaibles update.

For update a single program (example you wanna update apache but not dovecot) just do ./build apache

a list of all commands avaible can be show just doing ./build

Hope those informations reply to all your question.

Best regards

Thank you for the response SeLLeRoNe - Sorry for the delay in responding.

Your reply was very helpful.

Back