your favorite domain registrar

MKTG

Verified User
I've used name.com for tens of domains and I really like their control panel and pricing, despite I chose them because they offered free privacy on the domain contact details. Now free privacy has gone.

I've used 1and1 for some other domains because the price (including whois privacy) is lower than the others, but registrations are not instant and they take forever to propagate ( not to mention if you edit the dns settings before your domain is ready ).

I can't suffer godaddy add ons jumping in during every step of the registration process. Not to mention €7 for domain privacy.

Namecheap is good overall.

I like moniker, but $4 to keep the contact details private is kind of too much.

what registrar do you use?

I use enom myself. I've been using them for about 10 years. I pay a little more, but I like them so they get my loyalty.

I use namecheap. I do not care about the cost of whois privacy since businesses should not be hiding their identity anyway.

The problem I've run into with enom is that they charge much more than everyone elses if you or your client lets a domain run past expiry and into redemption.

For those looking for free privacy, any registrar or reseller powered by the Logic Boxes (logicboxes.com) platform offers free privacy for every TLD that allows it.

For example, Reseller Club (resellerclub.com), Net Earth One(netearthone.com), and good old nobaloney.net.

ResellerClub offers only reseller accounts requiring advance deposit, and their .com prices range from $9.99 (with a $199 advance deposit) to $8.39 (with a $2,999 deposit). The company and support are India-based.

Net Earth One offers both retail accounts (pay as you go) and reseller accounts requiring advance deposit. Their pay as you go prices are too high; they really want to only do reseller business. Their reseller account .com prices range from $8.93, (no minimum deposit but you must have a deposit to order), to $7.97 (minimum deposit or total receipts of $5,000). The company is US-based and their support is UK-based (support is realtime during both US and UK business hours).

Both of the above are registrars for many of the TLDs they sell but may be resellers for some TLDs.

I won't say much about our domain registration business since I don't have a site finished yet. We're a reseller of Net Earth One. Because we've bought in at the best pricing we offer the same pricing as Net Earth One offers at their $2500 deposit/receipts level, but at a much lower deposit/receipts level. While our site isn't finished yet, we do have complete reseller and retail control panels.

Note for all Logic Boxes platforms, if you're a reseller you can set up your own sub-resellers and your own site for retail sales, and you can offer pricing in various currencies. Also note that all Logic Boxes reseller accounts charge a small amount (usually the actual cost to them) when you send them money.

Okay, so I said something about my own product, but also about my upstream supplier and the creators of the Logic Boxes Platform (ResellerClub is owned by DirectI, the same company that owns Logic Boxes). If anyone complains to me (send a PM) I'll remove the information about my product from this post.

Jeff

The problem I've run into with enom is that they charge much more than everyone elses if you or your client lets a domain run past expiry and into redemption.

For those looking for free privacy, any registrar or reseller powered by the Logic Boxes (logicboxes.com) platform offers free privacy for every TLD that allows it.

For example, Reseller Club (resellerclub.com), Net Earth One(netearthone.com), and good old nobaloney.net.

ResellerClub offers only reseller accounts requiring advance deposit, and their .com prices range from $9.99 (with a $199 advance deposit) to $8.39 (with a $2,999 deposit). The company and support are India-based.

Net Earth One offers both retail accounts (pay as you go) and reseller accounts requiring advance deposit. Their pay as you go prices are too high; they really want to only do reseller business. Their reseller account .com prices range from $8.93, (no minimum deposit but you must have a deposit to order), to $7.97 (minimum deposit or total receipts of $5,000). The company is US-based and their support is UK-based (support is realtime during both US and UK business hours).

Both of the above are registrars for many of the TLDs they sell but may be resellers for some TLDs.

I won't say much about our domain registration business since I don't have a site finished yet. We're a reseller of Net Earth One. Because we've bought in at the best pricing we offer the same pricing as Net Earth One offers at their $2500 deposit/receipts level, but at a much lower deposit/receipts level. While our site isn't finished yet, we do have complete reseller and retail control panels.

Note for all Logic Boxes platforms, if you're a reseller you can set up your own sub-resellers and your own site for retail sales, and you can offer pricing in various currencies. Also note that all Logic Boxes reseller accounts charge a small amount (usually the actual cost to them) when you send them money.

Okay, so I said something about my own product, but also about my upstream supplier and the creators of the Logic Boxes Platform (ResellerClub is owned by DirectI, the same company that owns Logic Boxes). If anyone complains to me (send a PM) I'll remove the information about my product from this post.

Jeff

no offense, but about resellerclub, i am doubtful.

Their base price for .com is US $9.99 as you said. However, when i have done a test payment of a .com i have seen they actually billed $12.49 (and there were no additional features whatsoever)

In fact, to get this result, i have opened a demo account and i have linked Whmcs to Reseller account. I have added $100 to the funds at resellerclub and then, i have done a test purchase of a .com domain.
They withdrew $12.49 from the $100, leaving me with $87.51

I have the feeling, Resellerclub have hidden fees.

At the moment I am not having a whole lot of love for NetEarthone since I "inherited" NoBaloney. They are making it hard for me take care of things since "paperwork" regarding Jeff's passing is messy to say the least.

I have also used NameSilo which I like as they have a very simple and easy to use interface

Back