Feature Question - Support

StingRay

Verified User
I can't say I'm 100% familiar with every feature, so forgive me if these questions are already documented somewhere.

1. With DA, can I create a tech support admin account, and specifically limit options, for the purpose of hiring out-sourced server support. (limiting exposure/risk but enabling me to sleep and/or go on holidays, or work two jobs :( )

2. Does DA monitor and correct processes that can take down the server, and/or DEGRADE performance, like a run away script, or even a script that is just using WAY too much CPU, ie ability to set watches and limits to ensure the server is running well and not requiring human intervention. It's one thing to ensure all services like FTP are running, it's another to ensure the server is operating well. This is also to help reduce admin time and server babysitting obviously.

Thanks.

Were these dumb questions, hard questions, or should I have put "You have got to read this" in the subject line? :p

** still hoping for "some" kind of answer...

Hello,

1) You can't really create a limited admin, as that would contradict the meaning of "admin" .. you can limit the admins reseller section, but because he's an admin, he can just crank them back up again :)

2) The extent of system monitoring is simply making sure the core system services are up and running. If one of them has stopped, it will immediately try to restart it, and if that fails, all admins on the server will be notified by email, getting 1 email per hour. (It checks once per minute, but thats too many emails :) ) .. If a user has a rogue script, DirectAdmin will not try and kill it.

John

PS. Thanks for bumping your thread, sometimes we don't catch everything :)

Back