./build versions error

jca

Verified User
I got a little error, since I installed pdflib in my server.

Every single night, when custombuild runs, it outputs an error:

Code:
/etc/cron.daily/custombuild:

PHP Warning:  PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library
'.//usr/local/lib/php/extensions/no-debug-non-zts-20060613/pdf.so' -
.//usr/local/lib/php/extensions/no-debug-non-zts-20060613/pdf.so: cannot open shared
object file: No such file or directory in Unknown on line 0
.//usr/local/lib/php/extensions/no-debug-non-zts-20060613/pdf.so: cannot open shared

Running ./build versions outputs the following:

Code:
Latest version of DirectAdmin: 1.36.0
Installed version of DirectAdmin: 1.36.0

Latest version of Apache: 2.2.16
Installed version of Apache: 2.2.16

Latest version of ProFTPD: 1.3.3a
Installed version of ProFTPD: 1.3.3a

Latest version of PCRE: 8.10
Installed version of PCRE: 8.10

Latest version of curl: 7.21.0
Installed version of curl: 7.21.0

Latest version of FreeType: 2.4.1
Installed version of FreeType: 2.4.1

Latest version of AWstats: 6.95
Installed version of AWstats: 6.95

Latest version of dovecot: 1.2.13
Installed version of dovecot: 1.2.13

Latest version of MySQL: 5.1.49
Installed version of MySQL: 5.1.49

PHP Warning:  PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library './/usr/local/lib/php/extensions/no-debug-non-zts-20060613/pdf.so' - .//usr/local/lib/php/extensions/no-debug-non-zts-20060613/pdf.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory in Unknown on line 0
PHP Warning:  PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library './/usr/local/lib/php/extensions/no-debug-non-zts-20060613/pdf.so' - .//usr/local/lib/php/extensions/no-debug-non-zts-20060613/pdf.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory in Unknown on line 0
Latest version of PHP (CLI): 5.2.14
Installed version of PHP (CLI): 5.2.14

Latest version of RoundCube webmail: 0.3.1
Installed version of RoundCube webmail: 0.3.1

Latest version of phpMyAdmin: 3.3.5-all-languages
Installed version of phpMyAdmin: 3.3.5-all-languages

Latest version of SquirrelMail: 1.4.21
Installed version of SquirrelMail: 1.4.21

If you want to update all the available versions run: ./build update_versions

Any ideas of what could this error mean? and how can I fix it? I checked already php.ini and the only reference to the pdf.so is:
Code:
extension="/usr/local/lib/php/extensions/no-debug-non-zts-20060613/pdf.so"

Which I have already installed and proved to be working.

Thanks!

Jose

Found my problem.

I had
Code:
extension_dir = "./"

so I just changed it to show:

Code:
extension_dir = "/usr/local/lib/php/extensions/no-debug-non-zts-20060613/"

and changed

Code:
extension="/usr/local/lib/php/extensions/no-debug-non-zts-20060613/pdf.so"

to

Code:
pdf.so

./ doesn't start as root.

If you'd had
Code:
extension_dir = "/"
it would have probably worked. Is this something you set? Or was it set automatically by DirectAdmin? l If the latter, then there may be a bug somewhere in DirectAdmin's custombuild, so please be very specific in your answer, including version of custombuild, and OS Distribution.

Thanks.

Jeff

./ doesn't start as root.

If you'd had
Code:
extension_dir = "/"
it would have probably worked. Is this something you set? Or was it set automatically by DirectAdmin? l If the latter, then there may be a bug somewhere in DirectAdmin's custombuild, so please be very specific in your answer, including version of custombuild, and OS Distribution.

Thanks.

Jeff

Thanks for your answer Jeff,

I see, I did have "./" in extension_dir. I never set it, and my php installation was default from Directadmin custombuild 1.1 install and update.
I'm running CentOS 5 32bit.

I'll test putting just "/"

thanks for your feedback and let's see if it's a bug or some kind of misconfiguration error.

Jose

Don't forget to put the full path back into extension if you do.

Either solution should work; the whole idea is to identify the full path to the file.

Jeff

Yeah I already made the change and tested it and it works perfectly as well. I prefer your approach as it looks cleaner (to me at least) to have the full path for the extension, specially if in a future I add another one that ends up in another folder, it will be easier to diagnose the problem.

Thanks again and let's see if it's a bug or just a "fluke" in my system.

Hello,
I get the same error of jca running ./build versions :

Code:
Latest version of PHP (CLI): 5.2.14
Installed version of PHP (CLI): 5.2.14

I had a look in the /usr/local/lib/php/extensions/no-debug-non-zts-20060613 dir and there are no pdf.so files; there are only two files: pdo_mysql.so and pdo.so

In the php.ini I have:
Code:
extension_dir = "/usr/local/lib/php/extensions/no-debug-non-zts-20060613/"
and
Code:
extension=pdf.so

If you need pdf.so and don't have it, then you should install it.

Jeff

Back