Scheduled DNS Redirection?

johnywhy

i'm looking for a web-based service which will redirect my dns lookups to different dns servers (that i specify) based on a schedule (that i specify).

so, i would point my router dns to this service, and the service would redirect my dns request to different dns servers, depending on the time of day.

anyone know of such a thing?

thanks

This has nothing to do with how DirectAdmin uses DNS, and the post has been moved to the Off-Topic Discussion subforum.

Jeff

i'm looking for a web-based service which will redirect my dns lookups to different dns servers (that i specify) based on a schedule (that i specify).

so, i would point my router dns to this service, and the service would redirect my dns request to different dns servers, depending on the time of day.

anyone know of such a thing?

thanks

With a (managed) VPS this should be no problem. As I don't know any nameservers that provide what you are looking for standard it would be possible to run it on a VPS and use multiple configfiles and just restart the DNS resolver with a new config file. Depending on how many times you need/want to change it I personally wouldn't use a web frontend for it (as it would run on a VPS with 64MB or 128 RAM without a web frontend). Depending on your knowledge setting it up could be easy (I personally would use powerdns for it as I like to use powerdns on all servers except DirectAdmin servers).

Back