The cost of SEO

LawsHosting

Verified User
We have just contacted an agency in the UK to enquire about some improved SEO advice.

I may be ignorant on this subject, they quoted me £3k + VAT (like $5,800ish) per month for a campaign! My jaw nearly shattered when it hit the floor! Does SEO really cost that much?!?! Granted, hosting is in a competitive market.

I'm in the wrong line of business, surely I am.

Hello Peter,

For a good SEO that gets results in a competitive market this is cheap.

For a bad SEO it's a total waste of money.

I spend way in excess of your quote each month in an equally competitive market to hosting but turnover £7figures a year from it.

If you'd like a chat further then feel free to email me: rob at rjhuk dot com

Rob

Cost depends

If you are fully outsourcing your SEO services then the cost may come down.As mentioned above,bad SEO equals doomed.SEO in general is too much hyped subject.There are few steps you have to implement systematically.

SEO costs money.

To get it done right, it's expensive. SEO isn't easy. That seems like a decent price.

Thing is, if they (a SEO company) have, say, 5 clients going for the same keywords, then what happens, who'll rank higher!

I'll never pay for SEO, as there's mixed views..... Love to know where the £36k goes in that year,....... I mean there's so much you can do for on page SEO.... And if you do off page SEO right, it won't cost £36k a year.

Like, one of my personal sites is #2 in Google for website directory, didn't cost a penny in SEO. It was all to do with links on other sites with the keywords in links the anchor text.......

Granted, the 2 sites are totally different genres, and the hosting business is more than just links, but still...... £36k!

Thing is, if they (a SEO company) have, say, 5 clients going for the same keywords, then what happens, who'll rank higher!

Exactly, if another client negotiates and pays more than you, the seo company will do more for them. It's best to do a natural and systematically link building as mentioned before. Put your most important keyword in anchor text link and over time you will see results, and they only thing it will cost is your time and effort.

I've decided to leave the post above (#7) in the thread. It looks like an abortive attempt at spam, but it was posted without links. Probably a good thing :).

The way it is, it stands to me (and perhaps to you) as an example of arrogance and greed: hopefully no one will spend $15000 to have his site assessed.

Let's see if user quick123 comes back to respond and justify his/her position, or attempts a link.

And in the meantime let it stand as a warning to those who would attempt to take the easy way out to buy hits: you'd be much better off spending the money on paid results.

Jeff

it's an automated bot Jeff...... you would think you could spot these by now... lol

Now that you mention it, yes. Name+numbers, 1 post, Re: in subject, SEO talk. Ok. But to be honest the first time I only read the post and I thought it was a real person given the subject of this topic.

I presumed it was a bot as I read it (I'm getting good at it, and the new subject is a dead giveaway). But it's still fun to read, and still shows just how crazy people can get. $15,000 to analyze your site? I can sell two new ones from scratch, SEO built in from the beginning, for less than that :).

(Note this is not an offer to sell; such offer may only be made after a $15,000 scope analysis :))

Given the forum has been tightened up considerably and now requires a question be answered to sign up it's most likely a human-assisted bot.

And given the sophistication of spammers and spambots these day's, it'll be fun watching to see if there's a reply bot going to answer it some day, or even attempt to edit it and put a link inline.

So I'm leaving it in both to prove my point (see above) and as a lesson in how the spammers and spambots work. I hope no-one minds.

Jeff

Wow you might have a point there. Why the **** would you put re: in there. It's just weird. Anyways how did these bots got so smart these days. Soon and they will take over teh world :)

The cost of SEO services vary depending on the services provider as well as the services offered. The cost of professional SEO service ranges from $1000 to $2000 and the SEO site assessment service starts at $15000.

Quality SEO Services - Driving quality and targeted traffic to a website.

One of the other moderators has deleted the original post 7 (all the numbers moved up one), but our spammer is back.

Does anyone besides me think it's time to close the thread? :)

Jeff

Go for it. Just to say, I'm 80% there with my Google ranking, and this is by myself - quite proud of it if I do say myself.

Back