New updates! Thanks!

Should SSI be on for every site or should it be optional?

• On

Votes: 2 50.0%
  • Optional

Votes: 2 50.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

prophecy

Verified User
Thanks for the updates, 2 of my issues are solved in these (SSI and cname).

One thing though, I believe the SSI should be an option that is checked off (like the SSL or cgi option).

Yes it could in theory be an option. This option however would only be for making things easier for the users as they can enable ssi by simply adding the options in an .htaccess file. Unchecking it on their account would by no meants prevent them from having it.

John

I guess there could be an option to turn AllowOverride off via a check box.. But with the custom directives you can define now in the Admin cp per vhost thats not really needed I guess...

Well the reason it should be an option is because if you're selling someone a basic static html account, they shouldn't have access to anything dynamic unless it's part of their package. I think this is a fairly common thing, joe schmoe paying $5/month shouldn't get php or anything like that.

The problem is that anyone can add an .htaccess file to enable that stuff. Frontpage strikes again... frontpage requires that "AllowOverride All" be in the main httpd.conf, which will allow anyone to add an .htaccess file, thus enabling php....

John

DirectAdmin Support said:
The problem is that anyone can add an .htaccess file to enable that stuff. Frontpage strikes again... frontpage requires that "AllowOverride All" be in the main httpd.conf, which will allow anyone to add an .htaccess file, thus enabling php....

John

You don't know how happy I am that MS is finally getting rid of FP extensions in future releases of FP :D

I'll be away for the next 5 minutes while I do a little happy dance.

*John jumps for joy*

Ok I'm back... no more frontpage extensions?.. really.. thats too bad.

John

Back