Compile MySQL - InnoDB plugin with Custombuild?

nmb

Verified User
I've searched the entire harddrive but I couldn't find InnoDB Plugin name -> "ha_innodb_plugin.so" in any location. Also, take a look at "/usr/lib64/mysql/plugin/" and found nothing.

I also tried to modify the script in custombuild from :

Code:
./configure --prefix=/usr/local/mysql --with-extra-charsets=all --enable-thread-safe-client \
--enable-local-infile --enable-assembler --with-named-z-libs=not-used --disable-shared \
--enable-static --with-innodb

TO

Code:
./configure --prefix=/usr/local/mysql --with-extra-charsets=all --enable-thread-safe-client \
--enable-local-infile --enable-assembler --with-named-z-libs=not-used --disable-shared \
--enable-static --with-innodb [B]--with-plugins=innodb_plugin[/B]

But is doesn't seem to work. The strange thing is that InnoDB plugin is included in MySQL 5.1.38 but I can never find it with DirectAdmin installed. With regular CentOS installed and yum install MySQL. That file is there right after I yum install.

Any idea about this?

Thank you,
________
Wholesale Vaporizers

Last edited:
I can remember InnoDB is already compiled with the newer CustomBuild. You can find it at 'Storage Engines' in your PhpMyAdmin.

I can remember InnoDB is already compiled with the newer CustomBuild. You can find it at 'Storage Engines' in your PhpMyAdmin.

Actually, InnoDB is already compiled with Custombuild. But not "InnoDB Plugin". InnoDB Plugin is an upgraded version of InnoDB. With InnoDB Plugin, user can choose whether he needs normal InnoDB or InnoDB Plugin by modify some config in my.cnf. However, InnoDB Plugin doesn't compile with Custombuild and I really wonder why.

Not only that, InnoDB Plugin will replace normal InnoDB in MySQL 5.5. So, it has to be there anytime soon anyway. If it already come with MySQL 5.1 Package, why not just compile it and let user choose, which one they want?
________
Ship sale

Last edited:
hi.
I have in /etc/my.cnf:
Code:
ignore_builtin_innodb                                                                                                                             
plugin-load=innodb=ha_innodb_plugin.so
and i see this plugin is available at /usr/local/mysql/lib/plugin
from mysql log i see:
Code:
Sep 10 19:40:55 vs200 mysqld: 100910 19:40:55 InnoDB Plugin 1.0.10 started; log sequence number 74681
Sep 10 19:40:55 vs200 mysqld: 100910 19:40:55 [Note] Event Scheduler: Loaded 0 events

Mysql 5.1.50 is installed by custombuild from tar.gz (i use Debian)

snk, I have checked the path you refer to but I couldn't find it. Also my DA run on CentOS 5.5 - 64 bits. I have checked 2 servers which has DA installed on CentOS 64-bits. Both of them are the same. Actually, I already run

Code:
find / -name 'ha_innodb_plugin.so'

But there is nothing show up.

I also try to put the config in my.cnf per your suggestion. MySQL is started but when I run SHOW PLUGIN; it doesn't show anything related to InnoDB Plugin. ( Compare to this document -> http://dev.mysql.com/doc/innodb-plugin/1.0/en/innodb-plugin-installation-dynamic-posix.html )

Below is what I got:
Code:
binlog 	ACTIVE 	STORAGE ENGINE  	NULL 	GPL
partition 	ACTIVE 	STORAGE ENGINE 	NULL 	GPL
ARCHIVE 	ACTIVE 	STORAGE ENGINE 	NULL 	GPL
BLACKHOLE 	ACTIVE 	STORAGE ENGINE 	NULL 	GPL
CSV 	ACTIVE 	STORAGE ENGINE 	NULL 	GPL
FEDERATED 	DISABLED 	STORAGE ENGINE 	NULL 	GPL
MEMORY 	ACTIVE 	STORAGE ENGINE 	NULL 	GPL
InnoDB 	ACTIVE 	STORAGE ENGINE 	NULL 	GPL
MyISAM 	ACTIVE 	STORAGE ENGINE 	NULL 	GPL
MRG_MYISAM 	ACTIVE 	STORAGE ENGINE 	NULL 	GPL