Diskspace totals / Webalizer incorrect

fusionictnl

Verified User
Goodday,

I've got the following problem with DA. When I look at the statistics on a user the diskspace is incorrect. Look at the image I attached. The webalizer stats are giving the correct diskspace, but the totals don't.

I've got enough mails in my mailbox (+/- 5 MB) and not 0 Kb. This has been since the setup of DA.

Webalizer doesn't work either, when i click on a domain the following message appears:

"You must wait for the stats to be computed. This will only happen *after* logs exist (domain must resolve and be used)"

in the logs the following "errortaskq.log":
2004:06:26-00:30:00: Unable to run webalizer for fusion-ict.com:
2004:06:26-00:30:00: Unable to run webalizer for fusion-ict.nl:

Everyday the same!

Thx,

Jordy

Attachments

• diskspace.jpg
    diskspace.jpg
    61.5 KB · Views: 244
Do you know if your message file says anything about path, missing components or permissions? (/var/log/messages)

Check if log files are filled in:

/var/log/httpd/domains

fusion-ict.com.error.log
fusion-ict.com..bytes
fusion-ict.com.log

and

fusion-ict.nl.error.log
fusion-ict.nl..bytes
fusion-ict.nl.log

Are these created?

I'm not sure what's going on.. Did you upgrade anything or is this a fresh install? If it is a fresh install you have to wait 24 hours before Webalizer parses anything..

Rick

Last edited:
Thx for your effort!

It's installed a week ago. The domain fusion-ict.nl is there for a week. The damn thing isn't working (webalizer).

But that's not the main issue, the main issue is the calculation of used diskspace by a user. The values aren't the right ones! (multiple domains, all aren't right)

So i'm waiting for support to answer on my topic/email :s

Allright I just did some searching on my own and found again a flaw in the setup of DA. The first time I installed DA it crashed up my server. (Coz some way PHP and other things weren't installed).

Now the problem I think is the following with the calculation:

5 0 * * * root /usr/sbin/quotaoff -a; /sbin/quotacheck -aug; /usr/sbin/quotaon -a;

So I test:

server01# /usr/sbin/quotaoff -a
quotaoff: /: Operation not supported

server01# /sbin/quotacheck -aug

(Worked! I think)

server01# /usr/sbin/quotaon -a
quotaon: using //quota.group on
quotaon: /: Operation not supported
quotaon: using //quota.user on

So tell me what is the problem ??

Thx

Last edited:
I installed FreeBSD 5.1 With minimum as the requirements say. If it had to be compiled with they should put it on their site or check it with the installation. I did what had to be installed, the basic.

All quota utils are available, but they don't do it! How can I check it ? (command) and how do i install the kernel with the support (safely without going to the datacenter)? It's a live machine.

-- EDIT --

I tried rebuilding the kernel with quota support, but the kernel wouldn't compile and states I must send a bug report with the kernel sources (I don't think so).

Are there any options left ?

-- EDIT --

Thx in advance,

Jordy

Last edited:
Quota support is optional and therefore minimal installation is sufficient.. Though I agree that a message about using quota's and some instructions are needed for new users.

Please be aware that FreeBSD 5.1 was not a stable release. You should upgrade your system to 5.2.1 and recompile it with Quota support. If you need any help doing so let me know.

On the other hand I cannot see the relation of Quota support and Webalizer not parsing the results but that's another thing. I think it is best to upgrade the system and see if stuff gets fixed.

Tommorow I'm going to the datacentre and upgrade to Fedora Core 1. Wich is possibly the best option for me and better supported by DA.

As RedHat 9 isn't supported anymore. So I hope every goes well tommorow and the downtime hopefully be low ;)

Thx for your support, I will keep reply here about the progress ;)

Greetz,

Jordy

I'm sorry to hear that you are switching to Fedora.. FreeBSD is a very good OS but I understand your frustration. If you want me to have a look at it and fix it for you just PM me. Free of course.

Well, the quota and the diskusage totals weren't the real problem. When the machine is heavy loaded, for example while compiling, the networkcard will hang or be disconnected.

This happend a lot of times and the problem is that it always happend around 11:30 GMT+1. So it doesn't make me happy. (maybe the CP scripts that hang or something else with FreeBSD).

I can't test it with a newer version of FreeBSD for hardware tests, so I switch to another OS. If the same problems apear on RedHat, I know that it is a hardware problem.

There are just too many flaws on this distro for me. It isn't stable enough. And I'm pretty new to FreeBSD, so the best way to keep a "live" running server best supported is RedHat for me.

I will try it again when I buy another server.

Thx anyhow ;)

Jordy

fusionictnl said:
Well, the quota and the diskusage totals weren't the real problem. When the machine is heavy loaded, for example while compiling, the networkcard will hang or be disconnected.

Sounds like a nasty problem, never had that here.

I've reinstalled the system with Fedora Core 1.
runs perfectly! Problem was probaly a fault in FreeBSD 5.1.
The errors displayed where: "Page Fault"

I got the same problem.
installed all on a clean freeBSD 4.9

Output from command /usr/sbin/quotaoff -a; /sbin/quotacheck -aug; /usr/sbin/quotaon -a; ..

quotaon: using //quota.group on
quotaon: using //quota.user on

how do I install "Quota support" ?
got any tip?

thnkz

edit:

problem solved

Last edited: