Server certificate is being overwritten

tff

I have this setup:
ip1: server
ip2: shared
ip3: client1

When I login directadmin and go to the client1 account, to setup this client ssl, the success messages appear, but the client certificate never gets updated.

The message to the ssl cert setup is: 'Certificate and Key Saved.' and the message to the ca cert setup is: 'Success. Details: CA Certificate is ok. Your site should be secure within a few minutes.'.

The client ssl only gets successfully updated when I login to the control panel with the admin login, but that action overwrites the server certificate, modifying the server and shared ip's certificates in the process.

Any ideas?...

Only one certificate can run on an IP#. If your server Certificate runs on the same IP# as what you call client1 then this is what will happen.

So the question is Where do you run client1?

Do you run it in the user level of your admin login? Or as a new user?

Jeff

Greetings Jeff, and thank you for the response.

Well, I can run client1 in both of the options you gave.

I have also already assigned a unique IP for the client.

The problem is, when I use my admin login (your first option) it overwrites the main certificate. When using the client login (your second option), although all seems well with the success messages, the client certificate remains unchanged - continuing to display the server certificate.

Unless you post the IP#s and names of both domains, there's no way to research this from outside the server.

Jeff

I'm afraid you wouldn't see the difference right now since I've moved on to the plan-b. Right now, all my 3 IP's are working with the client1 certificate, since it has been set inside the admin account.

To be more specific about the problem, it happens exactly when I login a regular user account and go to the Advanced Features\ SSL Certificates, and insert a new certificate and ca certificate. Altough the messages display success, the user certificate is never set correctly. However, I don't know if the fail is related to the certificate upload or the configuration files update.

After setting the user certificates I've also took care to manually restart the web server, but without any success changing the certificates.

I took some time today to try to work this out, but the problem still remains no matter what configurations I try. To replicate, simply try to install a certificate on a domain that's not the admin account's domain - it will always overwrite the server certificate. The error message bellow is displayed after such action.

Certificate and Key Saved.

Details

NOTE: You are using the server IP, so your certificate and key have been saved to:
/etc/httpd/conf/ssl.crt/server.crt
/etc/httpd/conf/ssl.key/server.key

By the time I started this thread, I was using the lastest CustomBuild version with directadmin, after an upgrade from the CustomApache version.

It seems strange that no one else seems to be having this problem, right?...

At the moment, client1 is the only one with a owned IP. The remaining 2 are marked as server and shared. I'll try to do a manual correction on the problem for the moment, so any insight would be appreciated.

Problem fixed. The /usr/local/directadmin/data/users/admin/httdp.conf had old client1 settings. Thanks anyway.

Back