User's real name when creating account

BYGino

Verified User
Hi all,

I've really just started getting my head around DA and I am starting on my first skin, which I'm going to release as open source when I'm done. I think I've managed to get my head around the API but I have a request that, although not mandatory for the skin would be a really nice feature.

What I'm trying to do is add a box to the reseller's create_user.html file that will ask for the user's real name (not the username). I know that when you view a user's - user data you can modify the |name| token and it will be updated if you click the "Save name" button but I don't know if there's a way to do this at account creation time.

I read all through the API info at http://www.directadmin.com/api.html and the only API command that seems to mention the user's full name is CMD_API_PACKAGES_USER but has anyone tried posting the |name| token to CMD_API_ACCOUNT_USER to modify the user's full name?

I'm guessing there isn't a way to do this at present but the reason I want to do it at account creation time is so that when a customer gets a welcome message it will be personalise to them. I just think it's a nicer touch.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

D.

Back