File backup

haymanpl

I need to migrate my wordpress blog to a new host. I have copied the database sql but need to copy the files. How do i know what files to copy and how do i bulk copy them in directadmin

download all the site via ftp, and upload all the file via ftp on the new server.. and remember to edit config.php to fit your needs on your new server (specially the mysql part)

or, if you are hosted, ask your hoster

Cannot locate site files

The host won't help at either end

I just need to know exactly what files to copy and exactly where they are located

There are many files and levels that i don't understand

well, in directadmin you have to upload in public_html folder, in the original server i cannot know where are located.. but, usually if you find a directory with a index.php and a config.php inside so thats is the right directory to download

File manager

Can i use file manager instead? I don't know how to use FTP

If somebody could do this for me i would greatly appreciate it

sure you can use filemanager but will take a long time i suppose.

send me ftp data of old server and new server so i can pass those files for you.

the other important thing is the database that you need to backup from old server and import in the new one.

regards

files

I don't have FTP data of old server

I just have the directadmin username and password

Could you please copy my files and databases for each separate domain. Thanks

I will try to install them on my new host

The domains are

wordpresssites.net

sweetice.biz

emarketinglists.info

keywordsforsearch.com

how do you suppose i copy the file without ftp access?
Why not, if both hosters have directadmin, you could just make a directadmin backup, and restore it with the new host.
You could move the backup with the filemanager on the old host, to the public_html directory and then download using your browser if no ftp is available.

You could also check if maybe you could make an ftp account from directadmin panel on the old host.

Bigger problem is that you have to change the dns of the domain names. Hopefully he has access to that.

P.s. this is the wrong section. Hopefully a DA moderator will move the thread to a better place.

yes richard that is true but seems he have no directadmin on old server.. and.. if he had with correct user and password so prolly ftp was working fine aswell...

lets see..

He has no directadmin on the old server? Strange, because he writes that he does:
don't have FTP data of old server
I just have the directadmin username and password

Indeed lets see, maybe you still can do something for him.

I'm going to try something, hope I got it correct:
Tanti saluti e un buon Anno Nuovo.:)

Back