Problem Starting DirectAdmin

jvds

Hi All,
This is my first install so I wouldn't be surprised if I mucked up but I think I followed the instructions :)

Anyway I'm on RH8.0 and run
/etc/init.d/directadmin start

Says ok but in /var/log/directadmin/error.log I've got

Unable to chdir to

No actual directory. Couldn't find anything on the board. License key is installed though

Rgds

Rus

Well it's probably not reading in the directadmin.conf file properly... try:

/usr/local/directadmin/directadmin p

to set the proper permissions... hard to say. Send us an email if you can't figure it out: [email protected]

John

Got a report of this same error. In case anyone else is having it, the variable in the directadmin.conf:
Code:
serverpath=/usr/local/directadmin
is blank, or simply not being seen by DA.
A common cause could be the serverpath line being at the very bottom of the directadmin.conf, and a missing newline character in the file.

Confirm the serverpath=/usr/local/directadmin variable/setting are correct by typing:
Code:
cd /usr/local/directadmin
./directadmin c | grep serverpath
The other possibility is that the directadmin.conf is simply empty... in which case it would need to be refilled (check the data/templates/directadmin.conf).
If you do copy over the template directadmin.conf, be *sure* to re-run custombuild, so that it sets apache 2, disables frontpage, etc.. also ensure the quota_partition is set to the correct value.

John

other possible cause

In my case it was a problem with the config file.
some lines got joined together.

also it's important to check there is no extra space in any line of the config. apparently directadmin doesn't trim it...

anyway thanks for the help, it led me to find the solution above.

dan

Back