Allow Users to set Permissions?

SteveK42

Verified User
Hi!

I have a customer who created a mySQL DB through DirectAdmin, then created another. But DirectAdmin forced you to make a new user when you make the new DB...so they have two seperate DBs with two users. They want to be able to access both DBs with one user. They went into their permissions and gave themselves grant privileges, but it still doesn't show up in phpMyAdmin.

How can they create a new DB and use an existing user on it?

Hello,

That functionality does not exist at this time. If they need to use the same user they can use their DA login/pass for both databases.

John

back from the dead

I too am in a situation that requires the use of the same "user" in multiple databases.

I recently just converted over from cpanel and my mysql databases in cpanel used one username/pass, now I have to create multiple usernames/passes for my mysql databases in DA.

Has there been any progress in adding the functionality of "granting privileges to an existing user" to more than one database.

For example:

{database
----- user}

blahblah_database1
------ blahblah_user1

blahblah_database2
------ blahblah_user1

-Thanks,

Chris

Last edited:
Can some one please help? I have databases that are dependent on sharing the same user.

-Thanks,

Chris

If you use phpmyadmin with the login/pass stored in /usr/local/directadmin/conf/mysql.conf (essentially root mysql), you can add the database user you want to the mysql.db table, assigning him to the databases you want.

Else, use the DA system login/pass as it will work on all databases.

John

Thank you it works fine!

Could we possibly make this thread a sticky for future reference since others might be wondering the same thing as I and the other gentleman did.

-Thanks,

Chris

Can someone rewrite the question and answer as a How-To?

I just don't have the time right now.

Jeff

Okay here goes...

Problem: Directadmin won't allow me to use the same mysql database "user" in multiple mysql databases.

Response: Directadmin at this time will only allow for you to use a mysql user in one mysql database and not in multiple databases. There is a way around this if you want to use the same mysql user in multiple mysql databases.

Solution:This can be accomplished using "phpmyadmin" by logging into phpmyadmin with the login/pass stored in /usr/local/directadmin/conf/mysql.conf (essentially root mysql). After logging in you can add the database user you want to the mysql.db table, assigning him to the databases you want.

Problem solved :)

Last edited:
Back