Custombuild doesn't seem to be using the configure I'm setting

elbarto

Verified User
Hi guys,

I' trying to recompile PHP on a server to add a couple of extensions (soap among others).

I changed the configure.php5 everywhere and it still isn't compiling the extensions I need.

I have PHP 5.2.17 with suPHP and look at my configure files:
Code:
[root@host ~] cd /usr/local/directadmin/custombuild
[root@host custombuild]# find ./ -name configure.php5 |xargs grep soap
./custom/ap2/configure.php5:	--enable-soap \
./custom/suphp/configure.php5:	--enable-soap \
./configure/ap1/configure.php5:	--enable-soap \
./configure/ap2/configure.php5:	--enable-soap \
./configure/suphp/configure.php5:	--enable-soap \

Those are all the configure.php5 files I have, they are all the same.

I'm recompiling with:

Code:
./build php n

What am I doing wrong?

Make sure that the clean option is set to yes. If it's set to no, run "./build clean" before running "./build php n". Good luck!

Make sure that the clean option is set to yes. If it's set to no, run "./build clean" before running "./build php n". Good luck!

I just tried that, but it's still the same. The options file is ok.
It's not a PHP code error, because I'm checking both with phpinfo() and php -i and the soap library is not being loaded and the configure line is not the one I defined.

Post here results for

Code:
cd /usr/local/directadmin/custombuild
./build update
./build set clean no
./build php n
grep "./configure" ./php-5.2.17/config.status | head -1
grep soap ./php-5.2.17/config*
./build set clean yes

Last edited:
Here's the output of the commands after recompiling PHP:

Code:
[root@host custombuild]# grep "./php-5.2.17/configure" config.status | head -1
grep: config.status: No such file or directory
[root@host custombuild]# grep soap ./php-5.2.17/config*
./php-5.2.17/config.nice:'--enable-soap' \
./php-5.2.17/config.status:# ./configure  --with-apxs2 --with-curl=/usr/local/lib --with-gd --enable-gd-native-ttf --with-ttf --with-gettext --with-jpeg-dir=/usr/local/lib --with-freetype-dir=/usr/local/lib --with-kerberos --with-openssl --with-mcrypt --with-mhash --with-mysql=/usr --with-mysqli=/usr/bin/mysql_config --with-pdo-mysql=/usr --with-pear --with-png-dir=/usr/local/lib --with-zlib --with-zlib-dir=/usr/local/lib --enable-zip --with-iconv=/usr/local --enable-bcmath --enable-calendar --enable-ftp --enable-magic-quotes --enable-sockets --enable-mbstring --enable-soap --with-mime-magic --enable-intl --with-xmlrpc
./php-5.2.17/config.status:    echo "running ${CONFIG_SHELL-/bin/sh} ./configure  --with-apxs2 --with-curl=/usr/local/lib --with-gd --enable-gd-native-ttf --with-ttf --with-gettext --with-jpeg-dir=/usr/local/lib --with-freetype-dir=/usr/local/lib --with-kerberos --with-openssl --with-mcrypt --with-mhash --with-mysql=/usr --with-mysqli=/usr/bin/mysql_config --with-pdo-mysql=/usr --with-pear --with-png-dir=/usr/local/lib --with-zlib --with-zlib-dir=/usr/local/lib --enable-zip --with-iconv=/usr/local --enable-bcmath --enable-calendar --enable-ftp --enable-magic-quotes --enable-sockets --enable-mbstring --enable-soap --with-mime-magic --enable-intl --with-xmlrpc --no-create --no-recursion"
./php-5.2.17/config.status:    exec ${CONFIG_SHELL-/bin/sh} ./configure  --with-apxs2 --with-curl=/usr/local/lib --with-gd --enable-gd-native-ttf --with-ttf --with-gettext --with-jpeg-dir=/usr/local/lib --with-freetype-dir=/usr/local/lib --with-kerberos --with-openssl --with-mcrypt --with-mhash --with-mysql=/usr --with-mysqli=/usr/bin/mysql_config --with-pdo-mysql=/usr --with-pear --with-png-dir=/usr/local/lib --with-zlib --with-zlib-dir=/usr/local/lib --enable-zip --with-iconv=/usr/local --enable-bcmath --enable-calendar --enable-ftp --enable-magic-quotes --enable-sockets --enable-mbstring --enable-soap --with-mime-magic --enable-intl --with-xmlrpc --no-create --no-recursion ;;
./php-5.2.17/config.status:s%@CONFIGURE_COMMAND@% './configure'  '--with-apxs2' '--with-curl=/usr/local/lib' '--with-gd' '--enable-gd-native-ttf' '--with-ttf' '--with-gettext' '--with-jpeg-dir=/usr/local/lib' '--with-freetype-dir=/usr/local/lib' '--with-kerberos' '--with-openssl' '--with-mcrypt' '--with-mhash' '--with-mysql=/usr' '--with-mysqli=/usr/bin/mysql_config' '--with-pdo-mysql=/usr' '--with-pear' '--with-png-dir=/usr/local/lib' '--with-zlib' '--with-zlib-dir=/usr/local/lib' '--enable-zip' '--with-iconv=/usr/local' '--enable-bcmath' '--enable-calendar' '--enable-ftp' '--enable-magic-quotes' '--enable-sockets' '--enable-mbstring' '--enable-soap' '--with-mime-magic' '--enable-intl' '--with-xmlrpc'%g
./php-5.2.17/config.status:s%@CONFIGURE_OPTIONS@% '--with-apxs2' '--with-curl=/usr/local/lib' '--with-gd' '--enable-gd-native-ttf' '--with-ttf' '--with-gettext' '--with-jpeg-dir=/usr/local/lib' '--with-freetype-dir=/usr/local/lib' '--with-kerberos' '--with-openssl' '--with-mcrypt' '--with-mhash' '--with-mysql=/usr' '--with-mysqli=/usr/bin/mysql_config' '--with-pdo-mysql=/usr' '--with-pear' '--with-png-dir=/usr/local/lib' '--with-zlib' '--with-zlib-dir=/usr/local/lib' '--enable-zip' '--with-iconv=/usr/local' '--enable-bcmath' '--enable-calendar' '--enable-ftp' '--enable-magic-quotes' '--enable-sockets' '--enable-mbstring' '--enable-soap' '--with-mime-magic' '--enable-intl' '--with-xmlrpc'%g
./php-5.2.17/config.status:  extensions=" date libxml openssl pcre zlib bcmath calendar ctype curl dom filter ftp gd gettext hash iconv json mbstring mcrypt mhash mime_magic mysql mysqli pdo pdo_mysql pdo_sqlite posix reflection session simplexml soap sockets spl sqlite standard tokenizer xml xmlreader xmlrpc xmlwriter zip"
./php-5.2.17/config.status:  cli_extensions=" date libxml openssl pcre zlib bcmath calendar ctype curl dom filter ftp gd gettext hash iconv json mbstring mcrypt mhash mime_magic mysql mysqli pdo pdo_mysql pdo_sqlite posix reflection session simplexml soap sockets spl sqlite standard tokenizer xml xmlreader xmlrpc xmlwriter zip"
./php-5.2.17/configure:  --enable-soap           Enable SOAP support"
./php-5.2.17/configure:php_enable_soap=no
./php-5.2.17/configure:# Check whether --enable-soap or --disable-soap was given.
./php-5.2.17/configure:if test "${enable_soap+set}" = set; then
./php-5.2.17/configure:  enableval="$enable_soap"
./php-5.2.17/configure:  ext_builddir=ext/soap
./php-5.2.17/configure:  ext_srcdir=$abs_srcdir/ext/soap
./php-5.2.17/configure:  case ext/soap in
./php-5.2.17/configure:  /*) ac_srcdir=`echo "ext/soap"|cut -c 2-`"/"; ac_bdir=$ac_srcdir; ac_inc="-I$ac_bdir -I$abs_srcdir/$ac_bdir" ;;
./php-5.2.17/configure:  *) ac_srcdir="$abs_srcdir/ext/soap/"; ac_bdir="ext/soap/"; ac_inc="-I$ac_bdir -I$ac_srcdir" ;;
./php-5.2.17/configure:  for ac_src in soap.c php_encoding.c php_http.c php_packet_soap.c php_schema.c php_sdl.c php_xml.c; do
./php-5.2.17/configure:    EXT_STATIC="$EXT_STATIC soap"
./php-5.2.17/configure:      EXT_CLI_STATIC="$EXT_CLI_STATIC soap"
./php-5.2.17/configure:  /*) ac_srcdir=`echo "ext/soap"|cut -c 2-`"/"; ac_bdir=$ac_srcdir; ac_inc="-I$ac_bdir -I$abs_srcdir/$ac_bdir" ;;
./php-5.2.17/configure:  *) ac_srcdir="$abs_srcdir/ext/soap/"; ac_bdir="ext/soap/"; ac_inc="-I$ac_bdir -I$ac_srcdir" ;;
./php-5.2.17/configure:  for ac_src in soap.c php_encoding.c php_http.c php_packet_soap.c php_schema.c php_sdl.c php_xml.c; do
./php-5.2.17/configure:      shared_objects_soap="$shared_objects_soap $ac_bdir$ac_obj.lo"
./php-5.2.17/configure:      link_cmd='$(LIBTOOL) --mode=link $(CC) $(COMMON_FLAGS) $(CFLAGS_CLEAN) $(EXTRA_CFLAGS) $(LDFLAGS) -Wl,-G -o '$ext_builddir'/phpsoap.la -export-dynamic -avoid-version -prefer-pic -module -rpath $(phplibdir) $(EXTRA_LDFLAGS) $(shared_objects_soap) $(PHPSOAP_SHARED_LIBADD) && mv -f '$ext_builddir'/.libs/phpsoap.so '$ext_builddir'/phpsoap.so'
./php-5.2.17/configure:      link_cmd='$(LIBTOOL) --mode=link $(CC) $(COMMON_FLAGS) $(CFLAGS_CLEAN) $(EXTRA_CFLAGS) $(LDFLAGS) -o $@ -shared -export-dynamic -avoid-version -prefer-pic -module -rpath $(phplibdir) $(EXTRA_LDFLAGS) $(shared_objects_soap) -L$(top_builddir)/netware -lphp5lib $(M4_SUBSTR(PHPSOAP, 3)_SHARED_LIBADD)'
./php-5.2.17/configure:      link_cmd='$(LIBTOOL) --mode=link $(CC) $(COMMON_FLAGS) $(CFLAGS_CLEAN) $(EXTRA_CFLAGS) $(LDFLAGS) -o $@ -export-dynamic -avoid-version -prefer-pic -module -rpath $(phplibdir) $(EXTRA_LDFLAGS) $(shared_objects_soap) $(PHPSOAP_SHARED_LIBADD)'
./php-5.2.17/configure:    PHP_ZEND_EX="$PHP_ZEND_EX \$(phplibdir)/phpsoap.$suffix"
./php-5.2.17/configure:    PHP_MODULES="$PHP_MODULES \$(phplibdir)/phpsoap.$suffix"
./php-5.2.17/configure:  PHP_VAR_SUBST="$PHP_VAR_SUBST shared_objects_soap"
./php-5.2.17/configure:\$(phplibdir)/phpsoap.$suffix: $ext_builddir/phpsoap.$suffix
./php-5.2.17/configure:	\$(LIBTOOL) --mode=install cp $ext_builddir/phpsoap.$suffix \$(phplibdir)
./php-5.2.17/configure:$ext_builddir/phpsoap.$suffix: \$(shared_objects_soap) \$(PHPSOAP_SHARED_DEPENDENCIES)
./php-5.2.17/configure:      link_cmd='$(LIBTOOL) --mode=link $(CC) $(COMMON_FLAGS) $(CFLAGS_CLEAN) $(EXTRA_CFLAGS) $(LDFLAGS) -Wl,-G -o '$ext_builddir'/soap.la -export-dynamic -avoid-version -prefer-pic -module -rpath $(phplibdir) $(EXTRA_LDFLAGS) $(shared_objects_soap) $(SOAP_SHARED_LIBADD) && mv -f '$ext_builddir'/.libs/soap.so '$ext_builddir'/soap.so'
./php-5.2.17/configure:      link_cmd='$(LIBTOOL) --mode=link $(CC) $(COMMON_FLAGS) $(CFLAGS_CLEAN) $(EXTRA_CFLAGS) $(LDFLAGS) -o $@ -shared -export-dynamic -avoid-version -prefer-pic -module -rpath $(phplibdir) $(EXTRA_LDFLAGS) $(shared_objects_soap) -L$(top_builddir)/netware -lphp5lib $(M4_SUBSTR(SOAP, 3)_SHARED_LIBADD)'
./php-5.2.17/configure:      link_cmd='$(LIBTOOL) --mode=link $(CC) $(COMMON_FLAGS) $(CFLAGS_CLEAN) $(EXTRA_CFLAGS) $(LDFLAGS) -o $@ -export-dynamic -avoid-version -prefer-pic -module -rpath $(phplibdir) $(EXTRA_LDFLAGS) $(shared_objects_soap) $(SOAP_SHARED_LIBADD)'
./php-5.2.17/configure:    PHP_ZEND_EX="$PHP_ZEND_EX \$(phplibdir)/soap.$suffix"
./php-5.2.17/configure:    PHP_MODULES="$PHP_MODULES \$(phplibdir)/soap.$suffix"
./php-5.2.17/configure:  PHP_VAR_SUBST="$PHP_VAR_SUBST shared_objects_soap"
./php-5.2.17/configure:\$(phplibdir)/soap.$suffix: $ext_builddir/soap.$suffix
./php-5.2.17/configure:	\$(LIBTOOL) --mode=install cp $ext_builddir/soap.$suffix \$(phplibdir)
./php-5.2.17/configure:$ext_builddir/soap.$suffix: \$(shared_objects_soap) \$(SOAP_SHARED_DEPENDENCIES)
./php-5.2.17/configure:        EXT_STATIC="$EXT_STATIC soap"
./php-5.2.17/configure:    EXT_CLI_STATIC="$EXT_CLI_STATIC soap"
./php-5.2.17/configure:    PHP_PECL_EXTENSION=soap
./php-5.2.17/configure:          libxmlrpc/xml_to_soap.c; do
[root@host custombuild]# php -i |grep soap
[root@host custombuild]# php -i |head
phpinfo()
PHP Version => 5.2.17

System => Linux dataweb3.datawebhosting.com.ar 2.6.18-194.32.1.el5 #1 SMP Wed Jan 5 17:53:09 EST 2011 i686
Build Date => Mar 15 2011 18:29:16
Configure Command =>  './configure'  '--prefix=/usr/local/php5' '--enable-force-cgi-redirect' '--enable-fastcgi' '--with-config-file-path=/usr/local/etc/php5/cgi' '--with-curl=/usr/local/lib' '--with-gd' '--with-gettext' '--with-jpeg-dir=/usr/local/lib' '--with-freetype-dir=/usr/local/lib' '--with-kerberos' '--with-openssl' '--with-mcrypt' '--with-mhash' '--with-mysql=/usr' '--with-mysqli=/usr/bin/mysql_config' '--with-pcre-regex=/usr/local' '--with-pdo-mysql=/usr' '--with-pear' '--with-png-dir=/usr/local/lib' '--with-zlib' '--with-zlib-dir=/usr/local/lib' '--enable-zip' '--enable-gd-native-ttf' '--with-iconv=/usr/local' '--enable-bcmath' '--enable-calendar' '--enable-ftp' '--enable-magic-quotes' '--enable-sockets' '--enable-mbstring'
Server API => Command Line Interface
Virtual Directory Support => disabled
Configuration File (php.ini) Path => /usr/local/etc/php5/cgi
Loaded Configuration File => /usr/local/etc/php5/cgi/php.ini
[root@host custombuild]# ./build set clean yes
Changed clean option from no to yes
[root@host custombuild]#

Mmm the process apparently went fine...
Code:
Build complete.
Don't forget to run 'make test'.

Make Complete
Copying php.ini..
/usr/local/etc/php5/cgi/php.ini already exists, skipping.
Installing php...
Installing PHP SAPI module:       apache2handler
/var/www/build/instdso.sh SH_LIBTOOL='/var/www/build/libtool' libphp5.la /usr/lib/apache
/var/www/build/libtool --mode=install cp libphp5.la /usr/lib/apache/
cp .libs/libphp5.so /usr/lib/apache/libphp5.so
cp .libs/libphp5.lai /usr/lib/apache/libphp5.la
libtool: install: warning: remember to run `libtool --finish /usr/local/directadmin/custombuild/php-5.2.17/libs'
chmod 755 /usr/lib/apache/libphp5.so
[activating module `php5' in /etc/httpd/conf/httpd.conf]
Installing PHP CLI binary:        /usr/local/bin/
Installing PHP CLI man page:      /usr/local/man/man1/
Installing build environment:     /usr/local/lib/php/build/
Installing header files:          /usr/local/include/php/
Installing helper programs:       /usr/local/bin/
  program: phpize
  program: php-config
Installing man pages:             /usr/local/man/man1/
  page: phpize.1
  page: php-config.1
Installing PEAR environment:      /usr/local/lib/php/
Installing PDO headers:          /usr/local/include/php/ext/pdo/
Increasing memory limit to 32M...
PHP 5.2.17 with suPHP Installed.
Writing data to /etc/httpd/conf/extra/httpd-suphp.conf
Done.
Rewriting all users httpd.conf files, please wait...
Debug mode. Level 10

Restarting apache.

But that's not my current date. That's the date from my latest compilation yesterday.

I've got this:

Code:
# tail /usr/local/directadmin/custombuild/custom/suphp/configure.php5 -n3
"--enable-memory-limit" \
"--enable-soap"

and this

Code:
# php -i | grep soap
Configure Command =>  './configure'  .... '--enable-memory-limit' '--enable-soap'
soap
soap.wsdl_cache => 1 => 1
soap.wsdl_cache_dir => /tmp => /tmp
soap.wsdl_cache_enabled => 1 => 1
soap.wsdl_cache_limit => 5 => 5
soap.wsdl_cache_ttl => 86400 => 86400

The last position --enable-soap

Code:
[root@host ~]# stat /usr/local/bin/php
  File: `/usr/local/bin/php' -> `/usr/local/php5/bin/php'
  Size: 23        	Blocks: 0          IO Block: 4096   symbolic link
Device: 803h/2051d	Inode: 61745048    Links: 1
Access: (0777/lrwxrwxrwx)  Uid: (    0/    root)   Gid: (    0/    root)
Access: 2011-03-16 15:24:05.000000000 -0300
Modify: 2011-03-16 15:05:40.000000000 -0300
Change: 2011-03-16 15:05:40.000000000 -0300

Code:
[root@host ~]# stat /usr/local/php5/bin/php
  File: `/usr/local/php5/bin/php'
  Size: 17766756  	Blocks: 34752      IO Block: 4096   regular file
Device: 803h/2051d	Inode: 62298444    Links: 1
Access: (0755/-rwxr-xr-x)  Uid: (    0/    root)   Gid: (    0/    root)
Access: 2011-03-16 15:24:09.000000000 -0300
Modify: 2011-03-15 18:30:41.000000000 -0300
Change: 2011-03-15 18:30:41.000000000 -0300

Thus your PHP binaries are not updated.

check with

Code:
lsattr /usr/local/php5/bin/php
lsattr /usr/local/bin/php

What I don't understand is why the binaries weren't update today but they were yesterday. The only difference in my procedure was that today I added the "./build set clean no".

Code:
[root@host ~]# lsattr /usr/local/php5/bin/php
------------- /usr/local/php5/bin/php
[root@host ~]# lsattr /usr/local/bin/php
------------- /usr/local/bin/php

Back