Squirrelmail 1.4.3a update script

jmstacey

Verified User
For those ready to upgrade squirrelmail I wrote a little script for you!

Code:
wget [url]http://www.saevian.com/da_tools/update.squirrelmail.sh[/url]
chmod 755
./update.squirrelmail.sh

It does not make backups so make sure you do!
It will copy over user data, themes, and plugins. Please note that depending on what version your upgrading or downgrading to that not everything might be compatible ;)

Tested on FreeBSD 4.10

Last edited:
Hello,

You can have an error with RH9. This script use fetch for downloading the file.
Edit the file and replace fetch by wget and it's good.

Bye.

Download location has been changed. New Name

Code:
wget [url]http://www.saevian.com/da_tools/update.squirrelmail.sh[/url]
chmod 755
./update.squirrelmail.sh

Updated to v1.1

I fixed a small oversight that I made where you had to be in the /var/www/html directory to get the update script to update properly. This oversight has been taken care of and you can now execute it anywhere.

many thanks for this great script - saved a lot of hassle :cool:

cheers!

sim

I ran it on my test directadmin server, which is unmodified freebsd 4.9 and it gave no errors. But when I tried the webmail link it doesnt load it just waits with a blank screen for about 3 mins then gives a "page cannot be displayed" error

----edit----

ignore above its an apache problem

Last edited:
Is this suppose to work only for FreeBSD?

What about the squirrelmail.sh scritp that is in the folder with the same name?

Thanks

dec said:
Is this suppose to work only for FreeBSD?

What about the squirrelmail.sh scritp that is in the folder with the same name?

Thanks

It should work on any operating system that loads squirrelmail from the /var/www/html directory (all do I believe)
I have only tested it on FreeBSD though.

The squirrelmail.sh would technically work I guess if you modified the version it was supposed to install at the top of the file. But it does not transfer the user data to the new version.

jmstacey said:
It should work on any operating system that loads squirrelmail from the /var/www/html directory (all do I believe)
I have only tested it on FreeBSD though.

The squirrelmail.sh would technically work I guess if you modified the version it was supposed to install at the top of the file. But it does not transfer the user data to the new version.

Yeah.. it worked fine on Fedora Core 1!

Thanks..!

Hello,

I do have SquirrelMail version 1.4.2, and I running Fedora Core 1. Do you think the upgrade will work for me?

Hi there,

I do have SquirrelMail version 1.4.2, and I running Fedora core 2. Do you think the upgrade will work for me and is it necessary to upgrade to this version?

THNX

//EDIT: im not using RH3 but Fedora Core 2 :)

The upgrade works!

Last edited:
Back