Suspeded at limit

mallaire

Verified User
I'm having problem with the "suspended at limit" feature.

I have a user that has all the permissions (unlimited bandwith and everything), and it has been suspended last night. I can't "unsuspend" it... the domain is frozen there.

What should I do?
I tried everything (modify his bandwith limit, change the settings, etc) but the domain is still suspended (it doesn't came back).

Please help!
:confused:

Thats a User setting under "host additional domains". Users have control over their domain limits, and if they set their domain limit to a value (not unlimited) the domain will be suspended. Getting the user to set their domains to unlimited will fix this. They can also suspend/unsuspend via that panel. Note that they are still limited to their User limit, which is why they have control over their domains.

John

I know what you're talking about.

I just went there to see if there was a limit on the domain, and there was no limit. The checkbox "same as main account" was checked... so it is not supposed to be suspended.

Do you have another idea? Another place where the limit could be fixed?

It's really weird.
:confused:

Same 'problem' here, we thought the suspend at limit was disabled. But the account was suspended and I had to login as the user and edit it.
Not quite handy

Hello,

Bandwidth is the *only* thing that will suspend a domain or User. If the User isn't suspended, then the domain suspension is done at the user level and can be changed via the "Host Additional Domains" section, as noted above.

John

Can you disable user level suspend at limit by default? Many users don't even look at that feature and are sure not to know about it.

Even I didn't know it until one of my users got suspended. I think suspension at limit is something which should be default off at least at user level :)

Hello,

It is for all *new* accounts. The bandwidth is set to use their Account bandwidth (unlimited domain banwdith, capped by user bandwidth), so suspension will fall onto the account limits.

John

Hello,

Correct, their domain limit is set to unlimited, which is capped by their User account. (This is is not referring to the "suspend at limit" feature that resellers set for their Users)

John

How does the suspend at limit work? Does it just suspend the web content? email? ftp accounts? or everything?

Thanks,
HostPC.com

Hello,

The only thing that "grows" uncontrollably is bandwidth, thus it is the only thing that will trigger a suspension. It will be suspended during the nightly tally if the used bandwidth is more than the bandwidth limit. For things like email, DA will just prevent you from adding them completely, so there is no reason to get suspended.

John

Back