* base: ftp.tlk-l.net
 * extras: ftp.tlk-l.net
 * updates: ftp.tlk-l.net
Setting up Install Process
Package bison-2.3-2.1.i386 already installed and latest version
Nothing to do

but:
Code:
cat: /etc/rc.conf: Не******** ********а********ого ********а****************а ************************ ********а********а********ога
*** bison is required for compiling, please install bison ***
Installation didn't pass, halting install.

What do I do if bison is installed but directadmin not want to install? Help!

Read the install guide on directadmin.com for what is required.

I've never seen /etc/rc.conf on CentOS, isn't it FreeBSD based only? Why do you need it on CentOS?

Read the install guide on directadmin.com for what is required.

I read the installation manual. There's nothing about such is not described.

I've never seen /etc/rc.conf on CentOS, isn't it FreeBSD based only? Why do you need it on CentOS?
I did not tell him how to read files. This applies not only to FreeBSD, but all the * BSD too.

In general, I would like to get a concise answer about this error, as well as setod its decision. Thanks.

But what really needs to be purchased only under a license specific operating system and address? What a silly question. Of course the same, as well as IP-address and host name.

OK, now it seems I get what you mean, but it was not that clear after first reading.

Post here results for

Code:
# uname
# whereis bison

It's important to see exaclty that output of uname, not of cat /etc/redhat-release. Because directadmin's setup.sh uses uname to detect OS type.

DirectAdmin license is based on OS and IP, so, when installation start the script check your license and the OS assigned to the license and start installation for that OS, thats why ive asked... Is not so stupid question at my point of view.

Another stupid question, are the path in environment correct?

Regards

Sorry to say, but not all that's true. Directadmin setup script do not check LICENSE untill all dependencies are installed. So it uses system tools to determine OS type and other things:

Code:
OS=`uname`;

only then

Code:
OS_VER=`cat /etc/redhat-release | cut -d\  -f7`

only then

Code:
$BIN_DIR/wget $WGET_OPTION -O $DA_PATH/update.tar.gz --bind-address=$IP https://www.directadmin.com/cgi-bin/daupdate?uid=$CID\&lid=$LID

In the long run LICENSE is checked only when you start Directadmin daemon.

As far as I'm concerned, no, that is not checked. A lot threads on the forums are saying about, that they can not start directadmin after installation. And the most frequent problem is mismatched OS type.

uname -a
Linux srv1.**.ru 2.6.18-238.9.1.el5 #1 SMP Tue Apr 12 18:10:13 EDT 2011 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux

I've scanned setup.sh and install.sh and have not found anything of your messages:

cat: /etc/rc.conf: Не******** ********а********ого ********а****************а ************************ ********а********а********ога
*** bison is required for compiling, please install bison ***
Installation didn't pass, halting install.

Where did you get it? If this message appeared within directadmin installation (you executed directadmin setup.sh), please post some more 10-50 lines prior to these.

I've scanned setup.sh and install.sh and have not found anything of your messages:

Where did you get it? If this message appeared within directadmin installation (you executed directadmin setup.sh), please post some more 10-50 lines prior to these.
This message appears when you run the file ./install.sh

How did you got the wild dog with his scouts. Of course I'm doing everything clearly on the instructions, if otherwise I would have no meaning to write. Can you recommend a valid option?

Back