Support for SuSe?

Boss Hoss

I've recently had a very bad experience with EnsimPro3.7 on a FC1 box. So bad in fact I don't want Ensim on another box. I used Ensim fro 4 years but on someone elses hardware.

Now I also want to rebuild my box using SuSe and then use UML to setup virtual server accounts for some of my bigger clients who need to not take each other out on the same box.

I want to use DirectAdmin..it looks as "simple" as Ensim, but hopefully without all the overhead and hooks into the underlying OS.

So what needs to be done to make it work with SuSe distro? When might it be on the list? It is in the top 5 distros being used currently.

Why SuSe? Well RH has dropped its boxed product, FC has been nothing but troubles and seems to get worse the longer its in the wild. I also want a COMPANY behind the product I'm using, not google's results when a problem happens.

If you're looking for an OS supported by a company now, and also supported by DA and by other hosting control panels as well, why not look at Red Hat Enterprise Linux?

Of course it's not cheap, but you wouldn't expect it to be, and still get support, would you?

Jeff

There's also CentOS and White Box Linux (custom built versions of RHEL minus all of the TM's and Copyrighted proprietary software) or, you can purchase RHEL off of ebay for about $35 USD and use Fedora-Legacy updates. For support, there's their freenode IRC channel as well as all of the mailing lists and being that they're built from Red Hat, I doubt you would need to contact RH for anything specific if you know what you're doing.

Last edited:
I know... I use WBEL and I'm happy with it.

I didn't mention it in my reply because the original poster wrote:
I also want a COMPANY behind the product I'm using, not google's results when a problem happens.
So I presumed he wanted a commercial product.

Jeff

Back