CustomBuild 1.1.27 and 1.2.21 brings ClamAV support!

smtalk

Administrator
Staff member
ClamAV is now supported by CustomBuild 1.1.27 and 1.2.21. /etc/clamd.conf and /etc/freshclam.conf are used as configuration files, it won't install new configuration files if old one exist, so please remove your old configuration files if you encounter any problems.

Ok, the mirror im using is not up2date, but, did u added the clamav support when? Usually 24 are enough for update (im sure cause this is my own mirror and sync every night).

Thanks

CustomBuild 1.1.27 and 1.2.21 were uploaded to files.directadmin.com about 3 hours ago.

It installs ClamAV. It's up to you where to use it (pure-ftpd, exim, proftpd, apache etc.).

Im instaled already clamav with updatescript.

If im using ./build clamav do a need to remove de clamav from update script?

Code:
deny message = This message contains malformed MIME ($demime_reason)
demime = *
condition = ${if >{$demime_errorlevel}{2}{1}{0}}
deny message = This message contains a virus or other harmful content ($malware_name)
demime = *
malware = *
deny message = This message contains an attachment of a type which we do not accept (.$found_extension)
demime = bat:com:pif:prf:scr:vbs
warn message = X-Antivirus-Scanner: Clean mail though you should still use an Antivirus

I think you forgot to put ( accept ) below.

When you don't do that, emails wil not comming in.

not necessary to remove the file but that file isnt necessary anymore.. so

Code:
rm -rf /usr/local/update.script/clam*

Regards

Well im already install from build. but then on the end its show me that the freshclam stop failed.

So i clean all en rebuild.

Als you can't stop from DA, only restart i think it was.

Oh you mean in the guide.

The accept is alraedy there, no need to add again.

Another thing, if you already had exim working with clam no edits are necessary.

Regards

Is is normal that freshclam have more pid in DA?

freshclam (pid 2658 2668 6998 )

A still need to use clamscan -r -i /home/ when it is build from DA?

We have our own installer for ClamAV which runs from our installer which is based on the how-to I've written before. What wonders me is why you have chosen to use a different method of connecting to ClamAV?

Anyway, to help you guys out with a perl script we're using, I've adjusted it to the alternative which for some reason has been included in custombuild. This is directly from our installer.

Code:
perl -pi -e 's/# Specify your host/av_scanner = clamd\:127\.0\.0\.1 3310\n\n# Specify your host/' /etc/exim.conf
perl -pi -e 's/check_message\:/check_message\:\n    warn message = X-Antivirus-Scanner\: Scanning e-mail on known viruses.\n    deny message = This message contains malformed MIME (\$demime_reason)\n    demime = \*\n    condition = \$\{if >\{\$demime_errorlevel\}\{2\}\{1\}\{0\}\}\n    deny message = This message contains a virus or other harmful content \(\$malware_name\)\n    demime = \*\n    malware = \*\n    deny message = This message contains an attachment of a type which we do not accept \(\.\$found_extension\)\n    demime = bat\:com\:pif\:prf\:scr\:vbs\n    warn message = X-Antivirus-Scanner\: E-mail found to be clean, though you should still use Antivirus!/' /etc/exim.conf

Just a question, ok you use a perl script to edit the exim file when clam installed... but... at least for how i prefer work... i use to download the exim.conf ive already configured (that should work for each server cause is not host depended) and just restart exim once clamav is installed (ofc spamassassin and dkim aswell).

Doesnt help you that way? I would suggest cause for example im using SB4 (not the SB2 included with DA) that have many more customization and once is done, it work well on any server (this way i repeat, is working for me without any kind of problem).

This is just a suggestion, maybe helpful, maybe not, but.. give it a try ;)

Regards

There is a lot more going on in the background of our installer. Aside from our own situation, a perl replace would be better for custombuild as well as you have to deal with a lot of independant configurations. From my understanding, in future versions it will just be a matter of uncommenting one line for SA and ClamAV if you choose to use it. In my opinion, that is the way it should work.

Still, I wonder what the benefits are of connecting to ClamAV the way custombuild does now.

Back