Marketing ideas

redrain

Verified User
Hey

I have a web development company and just started my own hosting company redrainhosting.com. I was just wondering if anyone has found successful ways to market their hosting company. I have a base of clients that I have done websites for but to bring in external clients seem to be challenge ... I have tried facebook and advertising on blogs ect.

Also, if I find successful ways I will defiantly share them with the DA posse :)

I've moved your thread; it's off-topic for our forum. You might want to try posting in the appropriate location at http://webhostingtalk.com.

I'm guessing that what you're looking for is your competitors to tell you their secrets (most of us here sell webhosting; we're all your competitors). Good luck with that :D.

The best way to sell is to make yourself known. You may have figured out the way I get business; I become very helpful on forums, so people think of me. I also use adwords, but, no, I'm not going to tell you which ones; that would simly bid up my price. And I crosslink my sites.

Other good ways include giving your current customers free months of service for recommending new customers. If you take PayPal or 2CheckOut, become part of their marketplaces.

I've not tried becoming local search friendly, so I don't know if it'll help or not.

I sure hope you meant definitely; I'd hate for you to become defiant about helping me :).

Jeff

It was a long shot

Ya .. its a bit of a stretch ..lol I kinda got propelled into the hosting business by clients wanted dedicated boxes ect. .... I wouldn't mind just pick up a few more clients to help offset some costs ... Thank you for your advice ... I am thinking that I will take it slow and give great support ... in the meantime we do about 5-10 corporate sites a month so it is growing that way. :)

Back