"Not enough IP's to create nameservers. It requires at least 2 free, un-assigned ips"

pcoeman

Verified User
"Not enough IP's to create nameservers. It requires at least 2 free, un-assigned ips"

Hi all,

I just have a new server with a fresh installed AD. I put 29 IP addresses via IP management. I create a few test reseller packages with none, 2 IP and 3 IP DNS. When I create a reseller, point to the 2 IP or 3 IP packages, I reseive a "Not enough IP's to create nameservers. It requires at least 2 free, un-assigned ips" error. I have 28 free, un-assigned IP addresses. I just have 1, the first Ip address, assigned to the server. What do I wrong?

actualy I wish to have one DNS server running on that machine because I can use the DNS server from my provider. So prim DNS on my server with DA and second DNS on the DNS server from my ISP where I have access to via webmin to configure Bind. That was the system I used for years with my PLESK admin manager.

Hello,

Make sure you actually assign at least the required number of IPs for the dns setup to the package. IE: there are 2 places that specify the number of IPs for a package.. "ips" and "dns" .. if you select, for example, 3 IPs for the dns setup, you must specify at least 3 IP address in the "ips" part of the Reseller Package.

John

DirectAdmin Support said:
Hello,

Make sure you actually assign at least the required number of IPs for the dns setup to the package. IE: there are 2 places that specify the number of IPs for a package.. "ips" and "dns" .. if you select, for example, 3 IPs for the dns setup, you must specify at least 3 IP address in the "ips" part of the Reseller Package.

John

Thanks John, but the problem was stupied enough something else. I was all the time working in the administrator menu and not in the reseller menu. After your private message this was cleared out. Thanks for all the support.

Back