CRITICAL:yum.cli:Config Error: Error accessing file for config file:///etc/yum/yum.co

DirectAdmin Support

Administrator
Staff member
This is to report the following error after the install of DA on a CentOS 6 box when trying to use yum:
Code:
CRITICAL:yum.cli:Config Error: Error accessing file for config file:///etc/yum/yum.conf
We're aware of the issue but do not yet have a solution. I believe it's caused by something in custombuild (not yet sure), perhaps a library being installed breaking python (which runs yum). This has yet to be confirmed. I installed CentOS 6 64-bit manually, testing yum at each step, but it worked fine up until ./build all d (I believe). It may also be a time-delay issue, where a previous change to the system was only triggered by running ldconfig.. so the issue could be caused earlier on.. or even be a CentOS 6 bug, we're not yet sure.

John

That error appear usually when yum.conf got deleted, is possible that DA installation when change the exclude list delete the file? Or maybe permission/owner changed?

Regards

John, I presume you've already tried this, but have you tried reinstalling yum again from RPM after running custombuild?

Jeff

Hello,

It's still there, and permissions are unaffected.
I installed DA step by step as well, and the yum.conf was unchanged.
I went as far as running python through gdb (aka yum is a python script) and the lstat returned an error, that the file didn't exit. This leads me to believe that it's a linking issue, as low level functions like that need a good reason to fail.

And yes, removed yum, re-installed the rpm. No change.

John

Have you tried building all the services individually, one by one, in custombuild, and checking after each one, instead of ./build all.

I know this could be time-consuming, but it's important to me to have yum; updating with rpm manually, including getting all the files, and then resolving all dependencies, is just too time consuming when managing multiple servers.

I suppose one option would be if someone would run a bare machine (without DirectAdmin) just to keep yum update running automatically, monitor the yum update logs, and then create a script which would create a script to use rpm to update everything on the machines running DirectAdmin.

However I'm not sure how combersome this would be.

Have you brought up the issue on the CentOS mailing list?

Have you (or anyone) tried Scientific Linux to see if it has the same issue?

Have you (or anyone) tried Red Hat Enterprise Linux to see if it has the same issue?

Jeff

More:

I just got off the phone with Red Hat. They're going to give me a 30-day evaluation copy of Red Hat Enterprise 6.

I'm going to the datacenter this weekend to clean off an old server i'm not currently using, so I can put RHEL6 on it. Hopefully, John, I can get a copy of DA for Enterprise 6 from you and try it. I can also try it on SL6.

That way we can tell if it's a Red Hat issue or a CentOS issue.

And if it's a CentOS issue I can buy a one-year full-support license of RHEL and get them to fix it.

Jeff

Are the SEGA64 license for CentOS 6? If yes i should make some test aswell but i need that John reply to my email for use 2 license on same IP (got none avaible and i need other license for restore snapshot if needed without change OS every time).

Regards

Sure Jeff, no problem.

Also, if will be need to purchase the Red Hat 6 License i can help on payment for the yearly license.

Regards

First Update.

Trying fresh CentOS6 using my customized command list (install some things using yum and cpan modules).

At now, seems that my custom options.conf file is not used.

On installation it say "found custombuild 1.2" but is right now installing php 5.3 while my options.conf is set to 5.2.

Yum error is there, ive found many permission change, yum.conf rewrites also.. but im starting to think is not related to yum.conf file... as i read should be an error in repo files aswell.

Investigating.

Seems that i had a problem on downlaod options.conf thats why wasnt used. now is working correctly using my own mirror for download packages.

Made a copy of /etc/yum* elsewhere and going to replace after DA install.

Ill let you know.

Regards

Ok, i forgot to install imap-client before install directadmin (my custom php config file have in it) and yum is already corrupted now, so, for sure that happen before php and whatever follow.

Found where YUM problem start.

Just installed MySQL

Code:
Found /usr/local/directadmin/custombuild/mysql/MySQL-client-5.1.58-1.glibc23.x86_64.rpm
Found /usr/local/directadmin/custombuild/mysql/MySQL-devel-5.1.58-1.glibc23.x86_64.rpm
Found /usr/local/directadmin/custombuild/mysql/MySQL-server-5.1.58-1.glibc23.x86_64.rpm
Found /usr/local/directadmin/custombuild/mysql/MySQL-shared-5.1.58-1.glibc23.x86_64.rpm
Stopping mysqld ...
 ERROR! MySQL server PID file could not be found!
Upgrading MySQL 5.5 to 5.1
Preparing...                ########################################### [100%]
   1:MySQL-shared           ########################################### [ 25%]
   2:MySQL-server           ########################################### [ 50%]

PLEASE REMEMBER TO SET A PASSWORD FOR THE MySQL root USER !
To do so, start the server, then issue the following commands:

From this moment yum stop working.

Maybe useful:

For manually install Mysql packages i had to remove mysql-libs cause was conflicting with mysql-server.

But, removing mysql-libs i cant install directadmin:

Code:
Error: Package: 2:postfix-2.6.6-2.1.el6_0.x86_64 (updates)
           Requires: mysql-libs
 You could try using --skip-broken to work around the problem
 You could try running: rpm -Va --nofiles --nodigest
Installation didn't pass, halting install.
Once requirements are met, run the following to continue the install:
  cd /usr/local/directadmin/scripts
  ./install.sh

Also, if i try to install mysql-libs seems that yum cant find them anywhere, so, should be that yum crash cause for mysql instalation is forced ?

Regards

Ive tryed to stop install during custombuild installations.

Installed mysql manually worked and yum worked.

Using build all made yum crash same as before, now, should be libiconv that was ending or mysql that was starting (but mysql was correctly installed before build all).

Now im going to try libiconv

Found!!

The lines that break yum (dont ask why cause is no sense) are those:

Code:
        rootpass=`cat ./setup.txt | grep mysql= | cut -d= -f2`;
        dbuser=`cat ./setup.txt | grep mysqluser= | cut -d= -f2`;
        userpass=`cat ./setup.txt | grep adminpass= | cut -d= -f2`;

./mysql.sh $rootpass $dbuser $userpass $CMD_LINE;

in /usr/local/directadmin/scripts/install.sh

Code:
[root@89-97-218-94 scripts]#         rootpass=`cat ./setup.txt | grep mysql= | cut -d= -f2`;
[root@89-97-218-94 scripts]#         dbuser=`cat ./setup.txt | grep mysqluser= | cut -d= -f2`;
[root@89-97-218-94 scripts]#         userpass=`cat ./setup.txt | grep adminpass= | cut -d= -f2`;
[root@89-97-218-94 scripts]#
[root@89-97-218-94 scripts]#         ./mysql.sh $rootpass $dbuser $userpass $CMD_LINE;

yum update

It seems as though mysql has already been installed.
The directory /var/lib/mysql has been found.  For the best results, its recommended that this be deleted.
All database data will be lost if you delete it

Do you want to delete it? (y is recommended)? (y,n) :
   1:MySQL-server           ########################################### [100%]
/usr/sbin/mysqld: error while loading shared libraries: libaio.so.1: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

Installation of system tables failed!  Examine the logs in
/var/lib/mysql for more information.

You can try to start the mysqld daemon with:

shell> /usr/sbin/mysqld --skip-grant &

and use the command line tool /usr/bin/mysql
to connect to the mysql database and look at the grant tables:

shell> /usr/bin/mysql -u root mysql
    mysql> show tables

Try 'mysqld --help' if you have problems with paths.  Using --log
gives you a log in /var/lib/mysql that may be helpful.

Please consult the MySQL manual section
'Problems running mysql_install_db', and the manual section that
describes problems on your OS.  Another information source are the
MySQL email archives available at http://lists.mysql.com/.

Please check all of the above before mailing us!  And remember, if
you do mail us, you MUST use the /usr/bin/mysqlbug script!

1:MySQL-client           ########################################### [100%]
   1:MySQL-devel            ########################################### [100%]
usermod: no changes
Starting MySQL. ERROR! The server quit without updating PID file (/var/lib/mysql/Test.CrazyNetwork.it.pid).
Waiting for mysqld to start....

Setting MySQL Root Password...
ERROR 2002 (HY000): Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock' (2)
Setting DirectAdmin user and password...
ERROR 2002 (HY000): Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock' (2)
Updating privilege tables...
[root@89-97-218-94 scripts]# yum update
CRITICAL:yum.cli:Config Error: Error accessing file for config file:///etc/yum.conf

Now im gonna check which one exactly (prolly the last one)

Sure Jeff, no problem.

Also, if will be need to purchase the Red Hat 6 License i can help on payment for the yearly license.

Regards
Great work, SeLLeRoNe. If necessary I can get a RHEL 6 one-month evaluation license at no charge. Unless there's a geographical restriction you probably can as well:

http://www.redhat.com/rhel/details/eval/

Jeff

Back