Again PHP problems

Guust

Verified User
Hi,

I'm from Safe2Surf webhosting and we are using DA control panel. I love it very much, but we keep getting problems with php scripts. Some customers have bassicscripts (paidscripts) and even they are not working properly. Is it posseble to enable all PHP4 options? Because I think there lies the problem.

Thanx a lot
Guust Hilte
Safe2Surf

Ok, I finally know what the 'problem' is my customers have:
They use GD Library in there scripts and this function have to be enabled. Is this possible?

thanx

I also would like to have safe mode enabled. Does anyone know how I can enable this options?

Hello,

GD *should* be installed already. You can double check this by creating a php file with the following contents:
PHP:
<? phpinfo(); ?>

This will generate everything you could ever want to know about what's enable and installed.

As for safemode, you can either make the changes in an .htaccess file, or you can edit: /usr/local/lib/php.ini directly.

John

I tryed this one:
php_value register_globals 1
php_value safe_mode 1

register_globals is enabled now but safe_mode isn't.
I think this is because:
Code:
safe_mode_exec_dir no value no value 
safe_mode_gid Off Off 
safe_mode_include_dir no value no value

How comes there aren't php and mysql errors when a php/mysql scripts isn't working properly.

Normaly you get an error from php/mysql. Could this be enabled?

Guust said:
How comes there aren't php and mysql errors when a php/mysql scripts isn't working properly.

Normaly you get an error from php/mysql. Could this be enabled?

i have some scripts that is not working for one reason or another. i add my voice to yours about enabling the show errors on MySQL and PHP.

PHP and MySQL are showing errors for me no modification whatsoever.

l0rdphi1 said:
PHP and MySQL are showing errors for me no modification whatsoever.

i get no errors at all ! althought i have some scripts that aint working ! :(

That last thing you could try is to re-copy the stock php.ini in case the other one was modified to cause these errors.
As root, run:
Code:
cp -f /usr/local/directadmin/customapache/php-4.3.3/php.ini-dist /usr/local/lib/php.ini

Note that register globals will turned off, so if you are dependant on them being on, you'll need to do that in this file.

If that doesn't work, then there is either an .htaccess file turning the errors off, or the code itself.

John

Back