Bad Elf interpreter problems

mirage

Verified User
I got these errors after I installed directadmin on CentOS 6 64 bit version on a VPS.

Before installation I had directadmin update my license to the 64 bit.
Now after installation, directadmin will not start, and spits up the below errors. I have filed a support email with directadmin since Friday and they have uncharacteristically ignored me. First time ever since I became a customer. :( Now there is nothing I can do if they decide to ignore me forever because I cannot get the correct binaries from anywhere else.

Has anyone run into this problem yet and fixed it?...Any suggestions/ideas?

[root@me directadmin]# ./directadmin p
-bash: ./directadmin: /lib/ld-linux.so.2: bad ELF interpreter: No such file or directory
[root@me directadmin]# file directadmin
directadmin: ELF 32-bit LSB executable, Intel 80386, version 1 (GNU/Linux), dynamically linked (uses shared libs), for GNU/Linux 2.6.18, not stripped

I have been using directadmin for a long time, so I am quite aware of those links, thank you very much. According to Directadmin's website "For support inquiries, please check the Knowledgebase, Versions system and Forum before emailing us, in case your question has already been answered."

So I believe it was not untoward of me to double check if anyone else has encountered the same problem I have. And no, the emails I sent since Friday did not fall into a spam folder since I directly replied to Mark's email to me re the license.

If I had any other choice, I would continue to work on this myself, but there is nothing I can do if the install says I have the wrong binaries. Yum is toast and the earlier workaround stopped working. Had to get the server reimaged!

It just creeps me out that i don't get a single reply for such a long time. Not even , 'We'll be right with you'.

I am just gonna give up and reinstall the server with ISPconfig or webmin and continue with my project. :mad:
bye

I assume you submitted your questions to support via the safe submit and not just an email? Plus, I know some email providers put their replies in the spam box, so you need to monitor that too. See zEitEr's post above about your support issues.

As for you problem, you are trying to run 32-bit binaries without 32-bit support installed on your 64-bit system. I assume that you downloaded the wrong version of DA for your box. The setup.sh script should have detected a running 64-bit system and downloaded the appropriate binaries.
At least according the latest setup.sh:
  • Line 95 - detects it is 64 bit
  • Line 173 - gets install distro
  • Lines 176-200 - detects that it is Enterprise and which version (6.x)
  • Line 285 - sets the SERVICES variable to the correct version to download
Did you use an older setup.sh which shouldn't work with 6.x?

Thank you two for the suggestions. I hate filing multiple support requests, but I guess one of them is bound to get through because it seems like my email account is not doing the trick.

-My server is 64 bit CentOS
-License is changed to 64 bit by Mark
-Correct OS is picked up by setup.sh
- At the end of install, everything starts except HTTPD and Directadmin
and it spits out the bad elf interpreter error.

Oh well, Server is reloaded, back to the drawing board. :)
Thanks guys

Thank you two for the suggestions. I hate filing multiple support requests, but I guess one of them is bound to get through because it seems like my email account is not doing the trick.

-My server is 64 bit CentOS
-License is changed to 64 bit by Mark
-Correct OS is picked up by setup.sh
- At the end of install, everything starts except HTTPD and Directadmin
and it spits out the bad elf interpreter error.

Oh well, Server is reloaded, back to the drawing board. :)
Thanks guys

Tell me how it goes for you if it works or not

Back