CentOS/Email Problem

HMTKSteve

Verified User
I wasn't sure if I should post this in this forum or the email forum so please move this post if it belongs elsewhere.

I have a problem (I consider it so) on one of my servers running CentOS and Directadmin. This server has multiple IPs yet all mail, no matter what IP the domain resides on, always goes through the email server tied to the server's primary IP.

Is this a *feature* I am unaware of or is there a configuration file I need to edit somewhere to insure that domain.com uses mail.domain.com for email rather than servername.serverdomain.com/Server IP.

This is normal.

You need to edit manually exim.conf at your own risk (be sure to know what you are doing) for let exim use different ip and also different ip depending on user own ip.

Regards

If I edit the file manually will directadmin modify it in the future if I add or remove a domain?

what did you edit?

If exim.conf and now fit your need the reply on your question is no, directadmin doesnt modify/edit exim.conf on a domain add/remove.

Regards

And very important when looking at zEitEr's link, look at my post #17 to the thread for all you need to get right to get your outgoing email accepted.

Jeff

Back