Different between lifetime and year licensing?

rainfile

Verified User
Sorry Sir,

I have a stupid question to ask

I misunderstand the lifetime licsensing....Is it mean that it is only buy a year licsening and then buy the lifetime lcisesing, then I have a full product and no need to paid fee for future?

Eric
Thanks

The difference is that the lifetime only has 90 days of technical support whereas the yearly has technical support for the duration. Other than that and the price difference I think thats the only differences.

jmstacey said:
The difference is that the lifetime only has 90 days of technical support whereas the yearly has technical support for the duration. Other than that and the price difference I think thats the only differences.

Is it mean that if I only paid money to buy lifetime, that mean I can no need to paid more fee for future use?

Or it same as yearly to re-new each year ?

My understanding of it is that the lifetime means... lifetime. Its a one time payment that will last you through the life of DirectAdmin.

Lifetime licenses are what you'd call a "purchased" license; it's yours forever.

It includes updates to this version of DA forever.

It includes tech support for only the first 90 days.

A monthly or annual license must be renewed every year, or DA on that server will stop working (though sites should still be available).

Monthly and annual licenses include full tech support from DA.

It includes updates to this version of DA for as long as you keep paying.

Jeff

Thanks

I found lifetime is better , since it can ful update of DAm ,but annual is need to paid each year!

Although annual have 365 support, it more expensive!

by the way, you purchase which one?annual or life time?

rainfile said:
I found lifetime is better , since it can ful update of DAm ,but annual is need to paid each year!

Although annual have 365 support, it more expensive!
Definitely. Because the most expensive part of running a software company is offering support.

You do get what you pay for.
by the way, you purchase which one?annual or life time?
We buy both.

We have lifetime licenses, so we get licenses that don't expire.

And we have monthly licenses, so we get monthly support at a great price.

Works for us :) .

Jeff

May I also known the supporting service?

Is it include when I have a problem, they can using ssh to login my server to solve the problem?

Or include a telephone support or not?

Thanks

DA does not offer telephone support, but they give prompt support via email. I've never had an issue they haven't addressed quickly.

You'll soon be able to get DA from resellers, some of whom will no doubt offer 24/7 telephone support.

Jeff

Back