Downgrade from PHP 5.3 to PHP 5.2

czotos

Verified User
I currently have PHP 5.3 on my server, and I would like to downgrade to PHP 5.2 because there are some scripts that are not working correctly with PHP 5.3.

If I changed the php5_ver=5.3 to php5_ver=5.2 in the Custombuild options.conf file, would it break anything on my system?

In other words, what problems should I expect to see if I downgraded from PHP 5.3 to PHP 5.2 ???

Hi mr.applesauce

Thank you for the information... So would you suggest that I keep PHP 5.3 instead of downgrading to PHP 5.2?

The problem is that some PHP scripts do not work in PHP 5.3 - and it's very frustrating!

Or force your customers to fix their own problems :)

Ive sent a 1month pre-advise about upgrade from 5.2 to 5.3 and now they have the time for fix the code for 5.3 standard.

After update, if they still got problem, is just their problem ;)

Regards

I would never downgrade an entire server for a few customers that dont update their outdated crap.

Concerning Zend Accelerator not working with php 5.3:

I found this page (zend.com).

Does anyone know if Zend Guard Loader does the same thing? And is it free?

Jeff

Hi Jeff,

Yes, it is free and included into the custombuild script :) Just run "./build zend" and you will get it installed (if PHP 5.3 is selected).

Good luck!

So I take it that now the only reason to not update to 5.3 is if customer sites don't yet work with it. I'll start notifying client of our move to only support php 5.3 and above today :).

Jeff

Back