Recommendations/opinions for 3rd party website creator software

matrixx

Verified User
Hi

can anyone recommend or give their opinions on 3rd party website creator software that could be integrated with DA?

Cheers,

Rob

rldev said:
SiteStudio from PSoft seems to be one of the best ones.
That's a good reply as far as it goes. However, I'd like to know if anyone's successfully integrated it with DA.

Anyone?

Jeff

Last edited:
Hmm I don't know about your experiences, but I have found PSoft support to be the best of all the CP vendors easily. Maybe DA support is better, but it is easier to control support when you are a small company. I know many use site studio for cpanel so I don't see why it couldn't be used for DA.

I go from my own limited experience.

When we knew we were ending our Gold Partnership relationship with Plesk and were looking for another vendor, we considered Psoft, as a good friend of mine, and one of my clients, both have good experience with it. That was to votes in favor.

However it was hard to even get pre-sales questions answered. I ended up with DA, and I'm glad I did.

This was over a year ago; perhaps things have gotten better.

So, okay, I'll edit my post.

Jeff

Hmm, I don't know about pre sales. You could be right. I do know existing support for customers is pretty good. I have been elvaluating Hsphere and DA. I still don't know what I will roll with when all is said and done. They are 2 very different pieces of software, not really comparable.

You're right; they're not readily comparable.

DA is a single-server solution and H-Sphere a multi-server solution.

But don't forget that H-Sphere is priced on a per-user basis, and that a user is defined as (from their website): "admininstrative, reseller, reseller administrative or user".

Many users can create other users, see this page. So you should always have an extra us$112.50 on hand so you can buy 24 more users when you run out.

Support is extra, see this page.

And for those of us in the U.S. who might not be satisfied with support only until 4 pm on the East Coast, 1 pm on the West Coast, 24/7 support costs a minimum of $300 per month.

They recommend a minimum of two servers, though H-Sphere can run on one server.

And they're very picky about the OSes they support:

From their website: "For example, Red Hat 8 and 9, Fedora, Debian, and Mandrake aren't supported."

The only smtp server they support is qmail, and after my experiences with qmail and Plesk, I have to say that's a reason for me to have second thoughts.

All that said, though we do offer support and services for H-Sphere, though that's a topic for another forum.

Jeff

Last edited:
rldev said:
Hmm I don't know about your experiences, but I have found PSoft support to be the best of all the CP vendors easily.
Well, I found the reason I didn't like the support:

For 20% of the license fee per year (for example for $90/year for 100 accounts) you only get support until 1 pm in California, where we're located.

For 24/7 support the cost is a minimum of $300/month.

Jeff

That's why theres is choice. For many outfits DA is not suitable and vice versa for Hsphere.

The "user" scheme is very cost effective for many. One user can have an unlimited amount of websites with a single control panel login for the price of a one-time user license ($3.50 through resellers). This license can be recycled. There are no intial support fees upfront unless you want priority support.

Anyway I'm not sure how this has gone into a Psoft/Hspehere discussion. This was about wite site creation tools.

Back