Directadmin 1.40.0 - Release Candidate 1

DirectAdmin Support

Administrator
Staff member
Hello,

DirectAdmin 1.40.0 release candidate 1 is now ready for testing.
There are many new features and fixes in this major release.

The full list of changes can be found here:
http://www.directadmin.com/versions.php?version=1.400000

Noteworthy items:

1) Suspension Reason to allow specifying why an account is suspended. Will automatically be set to "Bandwidth" if DA suspends the account. Allows a custom suspension page to be used (based on env variable value) letting the client know why they've been suspended.

2) Ability to add IP ranges, and use wildcard reverse IP lookups in skip-list for BFM.

3) Disk Usage breakdown, to help track where disk usage is coming from.

4) Table optimizations and sorting bugfix on BFM table. The optimizations gained about 15% efficiency with use of inline functions.

5) Whois IP lookup on IPs on BFM IP info page, in addition to reverse IP lookup.

6) Elusive bug which set exim binary back to 755 from 4755.

7) Fix for spam to forwarders when "user spambox" option is used. Fix ensures the inbox exists before saving the spam.

To install this release candidate now, use this guide:
http://help.directadmin.com/item.php?id=408

John

hi DirectAdmin Support,

have you an estimated date for the new version? i'll waiting it for the all_backups_post.sh feature for a big migration of my customer on another directadmin platform

Hello,

Unfortunately, our CentOS 4, 64-bit box died prior to us releasing 1.40.0 (MB issue)
As well, our standby box seems to be a dud, and the parts are not swap-able, so we'll have to get a new box for that OS.

To prevent confusion with the release of 1.40.0 for anyone who has CentOS 4 64-bit, we've opted to hold off fro making the release until we can get that box up and running again.

Note, that there were no major code changes from the pre-release binaries to the 1.40.0 version, so if you need any of the new features, they're still available in pre-release form, as they've always been. (including the CentOS 4 64-bit binary set, created before the box died)

John

Dear Directadmin Team.
In Cpanel, when finnished installing, the program running script to disable some services not necessary.
I think you should also do same thing.
Thanks.

hi

If UPS does not have any updates from the Admin Panel
I was doing, but UPS had to manually update
The following error
Update not necessary

Details

You already have the most recent version of the program

1.39.3 is still the most current version.
1.40.0 has not yet been released.
The "Release Candidate" state means the 1.40.0 version is available for testing, but only if downloaded manually with the pre-release binaries.

John

Back