new install server now refusing connections on port 110

Marque DeWinter

Verified User
I just had DA installed on another server and now it is refusing connections to port 110...before I spend hours trying to trouble shoot anyone have any suggestions....

~Marque

Just some things to start you off.

110 is POP. Is the pop service running on the server?
If your sure, is there anything in the log files for it about refusing the connections?
Are your connections reaching the server or dying before they get to it.
If its reaching the server and its actively denying access the logs should tell you why and you can work from there.

Is your server behind a firewall?

Yes i now its the POP, and yes POP is running on the server. The log file its all jacked up and hasn't accurately been showing anything since DA was installed. The server is not behind a firewall that prevents that port, and the signal is reaching the server....

What do you mean "jacked up" try resetting it and see if its still messed. That may be your problem, are any of the logs showing something useful like /var/log/messages? You could try reinstalling the pop package.

How about we get some more information like Operating sytem etc.

Last edited:
RH9 and I've looked through the var/logs/messages
var/logs/directadmin & var/logs/httpd and nothing is showing realted to the POP or SMTP (also having problems) with the exception of it logging the restart of the service. Since this install of DA I've have mounting problems. Permission issues on one site (he created some folders through DA and then tried to SFTP some files into them and got a message saying he didn't have sufficient permissions, when he did, even after I checked the permissions).

Hey,

What doe this show:

ps -ax |grep vm-pop3d

and this:

netstat -a

David

12851 ? S 0:00 vm-pop3d -d 10 -t 600
16731 pts/1 S 0:00 grep vm-pop3d

nothing for SMTP or POP is listed in the sockets or the local address. Only IMAP.

Back